SAN Number

Nov 6, 2015

1. nugget1tau

nugget1tau New Member

I was about to purchase a batch of leads from a lead company and they wanted my SAN number. The gentleman told me that everyone should have as assigned SAN and that they wouldn't release the names without it. I went to my compliance officer and she had no idea what a SAN was.

I've bought leads before from other vendors and they never asked for a SAN number. Does this sound suspicious?

2. Tkruger

Tkruger Guru

State:
    Florida
    https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/profile/create.aspx

It has to do with the National Do Not Call List.

The above link should tell you all you need to know.

That said, by the request it sounds like you're purchasing a list vs. leads of people interested in what you are selling.

Tkruger, Nov 6, 2015
  3. nugget1tau

nugget1tau New Member

Right. A list of people that are interested in what I'm selling. Correct. Does the request for that SAN number sound reasonable or unreasonable.

4. Tkruger

Tkruger Guru

State:
    Florida

The above doesn't sound right. If they are interested in what you're selling then they requested to be contacted about products you offer and a SANS wouldn't be needed.

I think the vendor is as I stated selling you a list of names and numbers not leads of people interested in what you're offering.

Tkruger, Nov 6, 2015
  5. Josh

Josh Retired Agent, Current List Broker

State:
    Virginia
    If they are selling you stuff that's over 90 days old, maybe reasonable, but as has already been pointed out, that's something usually only asked for if you're buying a telemarketing list for cold calling.

Josh, Nov 6, 2015