SAN Number

nugget1tau

I was about to purchase a batch of leads from a lead company and they wanted my SAN number. The gentleman told me that everyone should have as assigned SAN and that they wouldn't release the names without it. I went to my compliance officer and she had no idea what a SAN was.

I've bought leads before from other vendors and they never asked for a SAN number. Does this sound suspicious?

Right. A list of people that are interested in what I'm selling. Correct. Does the request for that SAN number sound reasonable or unreasonable.

Right. A list of people that are interested in what I'm selling. Correct. Does the request for that SAN number sound reasonable or unreasonable.

The above doesn't sound right. If they are interested in what you're selling then they requested to be contacted about products you offer and a SANS wouldn't be needed.

I think the vendor is as I stated selling you a list of names and numbers not leads of people interested in what you're offering.

If they are selling you stuff that's over 90 days old, maybe reasonable, but as has already been pointed out, that's something usually only asked for if you're buying a telemarketing list for cold calling.

Latest posts

Back