Say Goodbye to Medicare Advantage

Mr_Ed

Guru
1000 Post Club
NJ
In today's NY Times:

The officials said the resulting revenues would account for about half of a $634 billion “reserve fund” that Mr. Obama will set aside in his budget to begin addressing health care. The other half would come from Medicare savings, including an end to billions of dollars in subsidies to insurance companies under the Medicare Advantage program, and other possible tax-law changes.

Say "goodbye" to Medicare Advantage.

Scott A. Olson
www.declinesintocash.com

What are they trying to do? Make us insurance salespeople sell what's good for the client?!
Good Point...

What are they trying to do? Make us insurance salespeople sell what's good for the client?! :yes:

Don't you think it is about time? I sure do.

Hopefully all those seniors who got talked in to signing up for a PFFS plan and now regret it will be able to get their Med Supp back.

I have 4 folks on the Universal Any, Any, Any Plan that have been there for 3 yrs. Should I tell them that even though they are happy, and have had all their claims paid properly, that they need to switch?

I have 4 folks on the Universal Any, Any, Any Plan that have been there for 3 yrs. Should I tell them that even though they are happy, and have had all their claims paid properly, that they need to switch?
You won't have to tell them. There will likely be enough cuts in MA for 2010, they won't want to keep it. Otherwise, the plan is definitely history for 2011.

I keep hearing the voice to abandon ship and save yourself. I'm listening and effectively have left the MA business in my past.

Rick

You won't have to tell them. There will likely be enough cuts in MA for 2010, they won't want to keep it. Otherwise, the plan is definitely history for 2011.

I keep hearing the voice to abandon ship and save yourself. I'm listening and effectively have left the MA business in my past.

Rick
What life boat are you getting into? Retirement?

Last edited:
I have put numerous people on various PFFS products since 2004 and I have never had a complaint from any of them. I always try to put people on Med Sups first, but if they don't have the money, then what? Or what about the people paying $250-$350/m on their Med Sup and can't afford it?Why would you pay out over $4000/yr for a Med Sup, when you can put someone on a $95 MA with virtually no co-pays?

My understanding is that if the MA's go bye bye, they will get a new guarantee issue period. Much like what happens now if a company pulls out of a state.

My guess is that agents commissions will suffer before benefits, but who knows. The thing that cracks me up about this is the left politicians saying the evil insurance companies are making too much profit so we will cut their payments. I didn't here one politician state that the insurance companies were making extra profit at the expense of the customers (which we know they would have), so this leads me to believe that since they must cover at least what Medicare covers and they offer more benefits than Medicare, then the extra profit must be because they are BETTER at this than Medicare. Sure, lets kill that off. I can't remember where I heard it, but when these plans came out, it was said that they (MA's) better stick because without them, Medicare will go bankrupt that much faster.

:swoon:

Back