Scanner

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
What kind of scanner do you use?

Have you went paperless yet?

Most of the time I turn all my papers into pdf with my scanner. The smart thing to do is get one that can scan a lot of pages at once and turn them into pdf.

I'm looking to buy another one soon. What brand or kind do you use?

I've been using an HP 8250 with the duplex document feeder. Pretty good. Not the fastest, but it certainly does the job. My last B/D had one and they paid over a grand for it. You can find them now on ebay for around $100.

Canon d480 has a great scanner and can be found (after $150 rebate) for around 75-100 if you have time to wait a little. It does front and back simultaneouly and it's fast!

What kind of scanner do you use?

Have you went paperless yet?

Most of the time I turn all my papers into pdf with my scanner. The smart thing to do is get one that can scan a lot of pages at once and turn them into pdf.

I'm looking to buy another one soon. What brand or kind do you use?
Try leasing from Canon a multipurpose machine like the imagerunner series. The cost per page is minimal and maintenance is included in monthly lease fee. They take care of the problems, you can stay focused on your work. My machines scan as fast as they print and I have one expense monthly, no need to invest in multiple expensive and inefficient scanners that tend to be terribly slow.

I am still using my HP officejet v40 all-in-one printer to do my scanning. I use Scan2PDF (it's free) to convert all of my documents to PDF. I haven't been able to fully trust my computer enough to go completely paperless. I would like to, I just need to put together a good backup system.
Would love to hear how other people operate their paperless offices.

I am still using my HP officejet v40 all-in-one printer to do my scanning. I use Scan2PDF (it's free) to convert all of my documents to PDF. I haven't been able to fully trust my computer enough to go completely paperless. I would like to, I just need to put together a good backup system.
Would love to hear how other people operate their paperless offices.

I use carbonite for backups. There are several of the online services like them out there. To me it's the easiest you don't have to worry about an external backup hard drive failing. If you don't currently have a good backup system in place you're playing with fire, regardless of being totally paperless.

Another item I'd have a hard time living without would be Acrobat Pro. Between making PDFs, altering PDFs and using signature stamps it saves me a ton of time.

Last edited:
Back