Scenario, 81 years old Type II Diabetic, need life insurance

moonlight - why does it matter what company I am with? someone new in the industry is someone new in the industry. I have a lot to learn and that's why I am here. So If you are here to make cracks at every new people that has questions, then maybe this is the wrong forum for you to be in?

You have to understand, that in these neck of the woods NAA is worse then the "STD's", if you stay with them you do yourself a critical disservice and it'll be detrimental to your insurance career. As you posted, an 81 yr old, diabetic and overweight and life insurance is not a good mix, or at least IMHO and esp. with any insurance company I have a policy with! Simply put, I don't want her in the same insurance pool that I am in.

moonlight - why does it matter what company I am with? someone new in the industry is someone new in the industry. I have a lot to learn and that's why I am here. So If you are here to make cracks at every new people that has questions, then maybe this is the wrong forum for you to be in?

Let me tell you somethin' partner - I was here a long time before you, and I'll be here a long time after you're gone.

If you're smart, you'll pick up on the wise counsel you get here. If you post on a forum, how can you bitch about the replies?

One last thought. Why aren't you asking your fabulous NAA upline manager these questions?

Kind of reminds me of an old saying, "Children should be seen and not heard" You posted about several big issues and big policies and, yet you do not know the basics. Learn the basics, if not when we play you will always be the child that is ridiculed for not knowing the basic rules. So read these forums, and others, maybe pick up a book or two before you float around trying to sell 5 million dollar policies or help someone that is 81 fat and a diabetic.

You ever play the game "Dodge Ball", looking back even I have to feel sorry for the fat slow kids!:D

Dguy, GET credit for that lead. Over 80 years old is a credit at NAA. All you could write would be securemaster and it would most likely be rejected. They only go to $90,000. $300,000 for anyone over 80 is not in they realm of possibility. Get credit and move on. NAA has no system in place to scrub ineligibles, because they know some agents won't ask for credit and they can re-sell it after your done wasting your time.

"I have a potential client that wants about $300k in coverage, is a female 81 years old, a bit overweight 5'4" 185lbs"

I doubt she was waiting for you to join the business all this time. You should let this one go. If you have an actual company that will underwrite her, give it a shot. But your chances of success are like a little leaguer at bat against a major league picture. You might get wood on the ball, but chances are you'll strike out.

This is going to be a time waster for you. Everyso often I run across these types.. first to find someone 81 years old who doesn't have insurance and probably never had insurance prior tells me I have no customer... remember the people who are the best customers are usually those who have bought before.

Someone 81 or for that matter 65 who has not seen the value of owning life insurance till that point is certainly not going to see the value now unless they are still in perfect healh, because the premium is going to be a killer.

If you found a company at 2200 a month, write it up, see what happense, you can always 10 day it.

wow.. like most of the forums on the internet, there is always a high percentage of idiots who sit back with a smirk and like to talk smack. If you don't have good guidance to give, don't give anything. I know you are probably humoring yourself and maybe one other person on here who read it - but realistically no one cares.

As for my large client - we meet on Monday morning. As for the diabetic one, that quote was a real quote and whether it would get approved or not - I don't know, but it was too pricey for her anyways.

James.. gee - thanks for the advice. So what are the "basics" that were being missed exactly? I was asking for other companies, policies, etc... I understand the "basics", I just haven't dug into the U/W guidelines on every product I have access too.

"moonlight" - I will listen to "wise counsel" when I get it - so far, nothing grand has come from your finger tips.

thanks for the entertainment guys... I am assumin you are a couple of old agenst who do moderate business-only and are sour because you can't get much more, so you spend the majority of your day playing on here giving sarcastic opinions instead of writing policies. that's too bad; I'll send you a couple leads sometime.

Back