SCHIP Lost Application...how to Proceed?

TN_agent

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a client that I enrolled through a carrier-direct link. Family of 5, the parents are given a plan with subsidy, the kids are put on Coverkids (TN's version of SCHIP).

The client calls me a month later saying that Coverkids needs the application number. she can't find her letter from hc.gov. Fine, I give it to her, thinking that will be the end of it.

Fast forward to now. Client calls me saying that Coverkids has still not been able to locate the application. Coverkids is telling my client that she needs to reapply for Coverkids through hc.gov.

Obviously the application exists. I have been paid commission on the parents and they show up in my portal so I know that hc.gov has the app.

Anyone know what I should do? There is not a life change to report, the new application is going to be identical to the old one. The application number (which coverkids can't locate) is going to be identical to the one I already provided.

You will need to call the marketplace and they will redo the application. We had this same issue a few weeks ago.

ok, we can do that. Just explain what happened and they will resubmit? Will this mean a new effective date for the parents' insurance? Concerned about commission issues on the parents now.

Why not have the parents enroll the kids directly into TN CHIP themselves?

Then you won't disturb the app at HC.gov

In the first couple of years we advised clients to apply in advance due to HC.gov not sending the apps through to the state CHIP programs.

That should resolve the issue.

The only way to enroll online is through HealthCare.gov. TennCare has had considerable problems with their Medicaid enrollment system; initially they had planned to build a new system that would be functional by October 1, 2013. But that didn’t work out, and the old system didn’t have the functionality to be upgraded properly. As a result, all enrollments had to go through HealthCare.gov, and there were significant delays in processing enrollments once they were sent to TennCare.

Ahh, I see.

In FL you can do the application online. In googling TN Chip I see all you can do is a paper app if a pregnancy occurs.

Back