Scott & White in Texas

Expat

Guru
1000 Post Club
I hear on the Grapevine that they are no longer offering health plans.
Also they are cancelling current Scott & White plans.

Anyone know if this is indeed true.

I just went and ran a quote on their site, and got results in Waco. We have had some agents request we add them to our quoter, but now I wonder if we would be adding the next Unicare. Are they a good plan as far as benefits/cost/service?

Thanks, and I'll let you know if I hear anything. We tend to talk to a lot of agents in Texas throughout the day.

Mitch

I am Lic. to sell them.....but never had much use for them on the Individual market and when they changed the way they issue groups last year kinda killed it....and the rate increase's have been interesting.....had a group receive a 40%......and the city of Killeen was not happy also.....

News 8 Austin | 24 Hour Local News | LOCAL NEWS

City of Killeen keeps current health care policy, for now
8/4/2009

Health care comes at a cost both for employers and employees. But members of the Killeen City Council are trying to figure out how they can make sure city employees get the health care they need, at a price they can afford.
Roy Johnson has worked for the Killeen Police Department's Animal Control Division for 19 years.
He said he can't afford Scott and White's proposed 11 percent increase for health care costs.
"When I looked at what my premiums were going to be, and when I did the math, for me to cover my wife on insurance is going to cost me an additional $140 a paycheck," Johnson said.
There's not enough left, Johnson said. After taxes, he only has $830 every two weeks.
"I feel that I'm not being treated fairly, not just in my case, [but] I mean all employees. I know we're all underpaid," Johnson said.

I investigated further and of course the information came from a friend of a friend of a friend ad nauseum.

Sorry to have wasted everyones time

Last edited:
You cannot write individual for them, but you can write the group. There are only a dozen or so that can in Texas. They were just going to see if it would work for them. They currently only have three folks that works on their individual side there!

Back