Scratch Marks on the Sarcophagus - Substandard Season

Brokers Alliance

Guru
Sponsor
Arizona
[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]I’m no Egyptologist, but I am an astute observer of the obvious.Scratch marks on the lid of a sarcophagus can only led to one conclusion. Theshrouded corpse was buried alive! Modern day archeologist, like post mortem examiners,often unearth the entombed remains only to discover that the undertakers of theday ruled the hospital wards of the ancient world. This puts new meaning to thephrase, “The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated.” I’m assuming thatthe people entombed were placed there by a medical mistake and not somedeliberate form of the death penalty. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]For almost 30 years, I’ve visited a variety of carrier homeoffices and made the descent down into the basement where thousands of NTOclient files are stored, boxes stacked upon boxes like a mortality mausoleum.NTO? Not Taken Offers. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Most underwriters are more like undertakers in a hearse, drivingyour impaired risk case right into the same old actuarial rut of declinations, postponementsand high table ratings. And they do this as if death claims were off the chartsor life insurance sales were through the roof. The same old actuarial rut,which is just a grave with the ends knocked out. Welcome to the nightmare thatcan be substandard! But right around Halloween, a supernatural event occursthat seemingly has nothing to do with actuarial science or the underwritingprotocols of a carrier. Like marketing magic, independent impaired riskmanagers come to your rescue like emergency medical personnel driving up in anambulance and performing triage field underwriting to stabilize your case fortransport to the carrier who best suites the impairment. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]So it’s time to exhume these cases from the commission graveyardand breathe life back into them. If there’s ever been an opportunity to salvagesubstandard cases, it’s now. And here’s why. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]It’s no dark secret that life insurance sales are flat, a contrary view fromthe recent spin report in an industry magazine that touted an increase in totallife premiums. But the devil’s in the details. And if the devil is in thedetails, then the numbers are skewed. But the bottom line here is that carrierscrave new premiums like a vampire craves human blood, perpetuate their fallenstate into perpetuity. But the real mortality revolution among living is basedon an emerging social culture of healthy lifestyles, medical advancements andlong term geriatric care assistance. And right now carrier competition isfierce, like a pack a werewolves fighting over a fresh kill. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]But right after Halloween, mindless marketers stage a coup andoverthrow carrier underwriting protocols and control the company until the endof the year. Medical requirements disappear with the wave of a wand. Tableshaving programs and lifestyle credits go high voltage in the laboratory of thedeclined, postponed and heavily rated. Supernatural forces are at work as standardoffers are extended for cases that shouldn’t see the light of day. But mysticalmarketing is at play here in the basement of these billion dollar insurancecompanies. As the zeal of the sales zombies cast their spell over seasonedunderwriters, compelling them to make offers that would never occur in thefirst ten months of the year. But it’s Halloween. You’ve entered the twilight zone.And the dawn is still two months away. [/FONT]

Come on, that was pretty funny. Better than the typical, "Its impaired risk season! Send us your declines and watch us get offers!"

He is right. Now is the time of year to slide stuff by UW.

I just had one come back Standard with Banner that I thought for sure would be a decline due to build!

Back