Search Engine Optimization...and other meaningless and waste of time topics...

No large company cares about the cost of one particular click. They bid on thousands, or maybe hundreds of thousands of long tail search terms.

The best website in the history of the world for ppc info is spyfu. Here is their ehealthinsurance.com page. ehealthinsurance.com

Damn Sam, giving the secrets away just like that :)

I have software that creates my websites, software that crawls the web looking for link partners automatically, checks for backlinks, and even sends auto e-mails looking for link partners. I also use software that submits to link directories, article directories, and search engines.

Please share the details of both software and building a link directory. Did you hunt down all of those links and manually input?

I like that you have adsense on your link directory page. Are you getting any revenue yet?

I've been researching SEO for a couple of weeks now, and look forward to anything you care to share on the subject.

Thanks!

Please share the details of both software and building a link directory. Did you hunt down all of those links and manually input?

I like that you have adsense on your link directory page. Are you getting any revenue yet?

I've been researching SEO for a couple of weeks now, and look forward to anything you care to share on the subject.

Thanks!

He uses Internet Buisness Promoter (which still checks Keyword Density) which matters nothing to SEO anymore.

SEO software: website promotion, submission, ranking and marketing tools

But it takes much more than software. His link directory, is useless in SEO. If it was that easy just to add a bunch of links, everyone would do it. What matters are the links pointing to your site with relevancy. I showed him his links, that were pointing to his site, 200 insurance forum links really dont help you much. His Title tag and Meta Description will cause his site to be lost in the sea of Sites, (Health Insurance) try optimizing a site to rank well with the term Health Insurance.

Title Tag
<title>Health Insurance | You get Fast Free quotes from Professional Health Insurance Agents at Full Benefits.</title>

Meta Description
<meta name="description" content="Health Insurance | You get Fast Free quotes from Professional Health Insurance Agents at Full Benefits. Insurance for Indiv

Title tag and Meta Tag are the same. Huge mistake for optimizing your site. Plus the Term Health Insurance that he is targeting is one Huge Mountain to climb. He may not say he is targeting (Health Insurance) but thats what the spiders see his site is about.

Those two items above will bury his site, the way he has it done. The one thing that is positive is that the domain is over 6 years old, Google gives huge credibility of age of site.

Not trying to be so critical, but this site is far from being optimized. Top Site for the term Health Insurance---4,134 links Try competing with ranking in Google on that term, Google places alot of weight on relevant Links and if you were to do a link search on the Top first page of Google for all sites listed, for the term (health Insurance) you will see that sites will be ranked, (most time) from their inbound links.

Yahoo! Site Explorer

Last edited:
Free SEO advice.

Technically this is a barter arrangement, but one that you will probably like.

I have been able to get my main site ranked #1 for "Connecticut health insurance" on Google without any outside SEO help.

So long as your site doesn't compete with my main site:

If your site has a Google Page rank:
I will analyze your site and give you some very specific advice that will help your rankings. I will also send you my tip sheet (see below).

If your site is not ranked by Google:
I will send you a tip sheet with more generic advice. This tip sheet is potent information culled from the dozens of books that I've read on this subject.

If interested, PM me with your email address and your website address.

Last edited:
Free SEO advice.

Technically this is a barter arrangement, but one that you will probably like.

I have been able to get my main site ranked #1 for "Connecticut health insurance" on Google without any outside SEO help.

So long as you don't compete with my main site, I can analyze your site and give you some very specific advice that will help your rankings.

If interested, PM me with your email address and your website address.

Thats because you targeted a niche market, ("Connecticut Health Insurance") Huge Difference in ranking!!! and you know what your doing. Thats the big difference.:)

connecticut health insurance

Google Search Volume in July====6,600 for this term alone

I am sure you are getting plenty of Leads, due to your spot and your site has a clear call to action!!!

Great Job!!!!

Last edited:
He uses Internet Buisness Promoter (which still checks Keyword Density) which matters nothing to SEO anymore.

SEO software: website promotion, submission, ranking and marketing tools

But it takes much more than software. His link directory, is useless in SEO. If it was that easy just to add a bunch of links, everyone would do it. What matters are the links pointing to your site with relevancy. I showed him his links, that were pointing to his site, 200 insurance forum links really dont help you much. His Title tag and Meta Description will cause his site to be lost in the sea of Sites, (Health Insurance) try optimizing a site to rank well with the term Health Insurance.

Title Tag
<title>Health Insurance | You get Fast Free quotes from Professional Health Insurance Agents at Full Benefits.</title>

Meta Description
<meta name="description" chttp://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.healthinsurance.org%2F&bwm=i&bwmf=u&bwms=p&fr=yfp-t-109&fr2=seo-rd-se" target=_blank>Yahoo! Site Explorer

Ok, I'll bite again.

First of all, my site has only been finished for 6 days now.

Next, if you bothered to notice, there are several on page links, linking you to relevant information. Also a few period links, if you know what those are. Google loves that stuff.

For example click on the word Michigan, and you are brought to the Michigan Department of Insurance's website. Click on the word prescription, and you are brought to Walmart's $4.00 drug program. Etc...

This has been done through out the website.

As far as the links now pointing to my site, you were the one who said you wouldn't get any links from forum posts. And again I had to show you the way. I know exactly who is linking to me, and where they came from.

The software that I use, your not even close. I use a total of 5 different programs.

You are correct in that one of the keywords that I target is "Health Insurance" Duh.

You failed to mention the other 28 keywords.

Title Tag & Meta Description. Again you failed to post the whole story. initial use of the word "health insurance" in both just common sense. They are simular, but not the same.

After all, it is "health insurance" I'm targeting.

You also failed to mention the use of "Header Tags" I use those as well. H1, H2, H3, H4 And you never noticed the use of keywords in the "Image Tags" Scroll over any picture on the site and you see them there as well.

Oh yeah I forgot, according to your earlier posts, Title Tags, Meta Descriptions, Header Tags, none of that stuff matters.

If two websites are simular in content, and one has utilized the proper "Tags", and one hasn't, which one will rank better?

My link directory, that for whatever reason you don't seem to enjoy, was built with the sole purpose of obtaining backlinks from the websites that I have "Already Linked" to.

Which is easier? To obtain a link from somebody who gains no value from you, or to obtain a link from somebody who already gets value from you.

Everything in that directory is insurance, wellness, or heath related. No trash, just a tightly intergraded directory of relevant links.

Here's two more visits my site got last night, and where they came from. And as you know, there is no doubt they are looking for health insurance when they enter my site as that is the keyword I'm seeking.

NIDDK Home : NIDDK
Biopeer - Global Health and Medical Search Engine

Tell me these are not highly relevant sites. By the way, this if free organic search traffic.

You want "Niche Sites" you must have forgot that I own more than 75 plus domains, and have almost 50 websites in operation. All will be converted to the new Full Benefits format shortly.

Yeah I know, think about it. 50 plus websites, all properly formatted using proper on page SEO, tags, descriptions, titles, and headers, content, etc..all linked together. I get goose bumps just thinking about the potential organic traffic three years from now.

Remember, I started out stating this was a two to three year plan.

Finally, lets discuss backlinks. Trust me, I know full well how valuable relevant backlinks are.

The top dog in our industry, ehealthinsurance, had around 21,000 backlinks when I last checked.

They set the standard. Will I ever reach 21,000 backlinks, probably not, but it won't come from a lack of trying. I will have more than 100,000 links in my directory within two years, and guessing 200,000 within four years.

That's my pool of potential link partners, what's yours?

I read on Google's Developer Forum, that a 10 page website will never compete with a 100 page website, and a 100 page website will never compete with a 1000 page website. That just made sense. That's when I decided to build the article & link directories. Almost daily fresh relevant content.

And I'm guessing the average insurance agents websites are in the 5 to 10 page range, when finished, mine will all be in the 1000 page range.

I'm glad you pointed out my starting point of 254 backlinks.

I'm sure being a gentleman of character you will acknowledge progress in my backlink strategy if you see any down the road, and please feel free to hammer me if you don't, that would truly mean I have no clue about what I'm doing, and you were right all along.

I am my own worst critic, but I do enjoy your company.

By the way, I have noticed that while you seem to enjoy tearing apart others projects, you have yet to post anything or yours.

Done,

Have an expert in SEO check it out, and I am afraid you will get the same answer. You have just convinced yourself, you know what your doing. But from your post, I am afraid you have alot to learn.

Last edited:
Done,

Have an expert in SEO check it out, and I am afraid you will get the same answer. You have just convinced yourself, you know what your doing. But from your post, I am afraid you have alot to learn.

I was going to just let this go by the wayside and consider the source, until I found Mr. Miller's website.

It appears you are one of the number of poor folks who have a generic norvax site, which I might add looks rather nice, but without a stitch of SEO on it.

You don't even have a Title Tag, no Meta Description, no Keywords, and only one Header Tag. What gives.

Not only that, but you have only two backlinks pointing to your entire site.

Yahoo! Site Explorer

Well at least you will have three now after this post.

You sir, have lost any creditability in my eyes as an authority who speaks about SEO.

Please tell me that I have made an error, and somehow discovered the wrong website or something.

I was really looking forward to being impressed when I first found your site. I figured anybody who can run their mouth that much, surely must have a pretty savvy internet presence to back their position.

All I can say is I was totally stunned.

I guess it just goes to show, you should always do a little due diligence when dealing with folks whose advice you are seeking.

I was going to just let this go by the wayside and consider the source, until I found Mr. Miller's website.

It appears you are one of the number of poor folks who have a generic norvax site, which I might add looks rather nice, but without a stitch of SEO on it.

You don't even have a Title Tag, no Meta Description, no Keywords, and only one Header Tag. What gives.

Not only that, but you have only two backlinks pointing to your entire site.

Yahoo! Site Explorer

Well at least you will have three now after this post.

You sir, have lost any creditability in my eyes as an authority who speaks about SEO.

Please tell me that I have made an error, and somehow discovered the wrong website or something.

I was really looking forward to being impressed when I first found your site. I figured anybody who can run their mouth that much, surely must have a pretty savvy internet presence to back their position.

All I can say is I was totally stunned.

I guess it just goes to show, you should always do a little due diligence when dealing with folks whose advice you are seeking.

Glad someone could send you my site!!!!!

The site you found is my client and presentation site, You honestly think I would use this site for driving traffic and real lead generation? How could you track or anyalyze traffic or see where the traffic is coming from, if you got clients or Monkey's like you hitting your site, Believe me I have traffic, but not the garbage traffic you claim. with stupid keywords.

Little advice, linking authoritive sites from your website means nothing, unless the authoritive site links back to you. so your little link to the Department of Michigan and your link to Walmart, help you none. But you know so much

Believe me, I have forgot more than you will ever remember, Like I said, ask a expert in the field. You will soon learn you are clueless:arghh:

You seem to think you have a handle on SEO, and honestly, you really do not. and others that read this post, need to understand that. You talk like you know, and give examples, but every thing you post is completely clueless information about SEO.

Well since you are targeting the term Health Insurance, which is a joke within itself, You may think you have other main keywords, but once again, from your Title and Meta Description, You are targeting the Main Term (Health Insurance) I guarantee you will never show up in any Search engine with (Actual Searched Keywords) and not keywords you dream up or think that drives you traffic.

Unless you forgot the Goal, Its to get Leads!!!

Type in Health Insurance in Google, and you will see that your Favorite Ehealth is not top spot for that Keyword.

Why? Too Generic keyword for the Ultimate Goal. Now Type in Health Insurance Quote. and you will see the difference.

So next lesson for you, thier is more than links that go into SERP results. Now go research the Top Sites for the Term Health Insurance Quotes and review their site, and see how they build their site around the Term Health Insurance!! You might learn what you are doing is totally way off base.

You are posting information, that will totally mislead people on SEO, so why dont you just work on your project and keep your bad SEO advice to yourself.

Last edited:
Of course...I'm just kidding about the "meaningless and "waste of time" comments. SEO is an art I am slowly learning about. Directories, Social Sites, Comments on Blogs and Forums....what a chore!

Ok...here's my question.

Assuming you have a website, and we'll use the state of Kentucky for no particular reason.

What are the two or three search terms that you want to focus on the most? That is, I guess, the most used?

Kentucky Health Insurance, I assume would be the top pick.

But what is next?

Kentucky Health Insurance Quotes?
Kentucky Health Insurance?
Kentucky Health Quote?

I'm curious to hear from the SEO guys here.

To answer this question you would need to do keyword research for your specific state. I have done a lot of keyword research. I not only have a site that promotes my local agency, but I also have lead generation sites for the rest of the country,

I have a list of the most used phrases for each state and for most lines of insurance. The list includes an estimate of the number of sites that are competing for each phrase. PM me for the data for your state and line of insurance (unless you are targeting Connecticut health).

As a general rule the most important keyword (search phrase) for your state specific site will include your state name, the best word that describes your line of insurance and the word "insurance." "Health" beats out "medical" and "auto" beats out "car."

This means that if you want visitors that will buy medical insurance from you in Connecticut, the most valuable search phrase will probably be "Connecticut health insurance." By the way, the search engines are pretty good at converting the state abbreviations to the full state name. The abbreviations for Ohio, Indiana, Louisiana, Colorado, Oregon, Idaho and Maine may not convert well but most others will.

The search phrase "health insurance" might theoretically drive more traffic to my site. Ranking high for that search phrase, at least in the short-term to mid-term, is only a realistic goal for a few dozen sites in the country.

Only a few dozen sites in the world can rank high for any given search phrase. Position 36 is not going to get you a lot of traffic, but don't forget that there are 3 big search engines; Google has competitors.

Fewer sites are trying to rank high for "Connecticut health insurance" as opposed to "health insurance." Ranking high for that phrase is realistic for my site but would not be for a new site.

A new site might want to target "affordable health insurance in Connecticut" or if it ranks really poorly "Health insurance in New London, CT." That site should target more used, more competitive phrases as time goes on. This assumes that over time the site owner works on the site and improves it from an SEO perspective.

It is easy to tell which search phrases get the most traffic. It is harder to determine which phrases a given website should target. First you need to determine which phrases will convert. It does you no good to rank high for "health insurance for the poor" or "Connecticut insurance laws" if you can't sell a product to the people who likely to use that phrase. Common sense should eliminate most of the poorly converting phrases, but only testing will eliminate all of them. The next step is to determine which phrases your site can realistically compete for. There are more sophisticated ways to do this, but this is a cost-free method:
  1. Download and install the Google Toolbar. Google.com > About Google > Google Services & Tools > Toolbar
  2. Use the toolbar to determine the Page Rank of your site by visiting your site after the toolbar is installed.
  3. Do a search on each of the three major search engines using a phrase you want to target.
  4. Determine the Page Ranks of the sites that come up on the first page.
  5. Target phrases where the highest ranking sites have Page Ranks that are equal to or less than your Page Rank plus 1.
So far I've talked about sites targeting a particular phrase. If you are going to rank well for a highly competitive phrase, your entire site should tell Google, Yahoo! and MSN that this phrase is what your site is about. However, each page of your website can and should target different phrases but almost all of these pages should include the words your site is targeting.

This isn't hard to do. Almost every important phrase for my site will include the three words "Connecticut" "health" and "insurance." I use those three words all over my site. This includes the body text and anchor text for my internal links. I particularly want to include those three words in the <title></title> and <h1></h1> tags for every, or almost every page. The title tags should each be unique to each page, but should still contain those three words.

I will trade SEO advice for backlinks (links from your site to mine). PM me for details.

Last edited:
Back