Searching for the Perfect Pill - HELP PLEASE!

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been running in circles looking for the perfect opportunity but I keep running in circles unsure of what is the best direction to go in. I am licensed in LIFE and HEALTH and am used to selling life insurance and annuities. Currently I am working as an independent since I left my previous company in which I worked primarily off of a list of "members" to gain my sales. Now that I am "Independent" I realize I still have a lot to learn and skill to gather. With that being said I have spoken to many different companies and all sound good over a conversation but I have a guard up since I do not want to get burned.

Currently I have spoken to NYLife, Guardian (Agency System), and an independent agency that works with Ameritas. My big issue is that with most of these companies you are somewhat captive in the sense that if you ever leave you do not own your book of business and it is just like leaving a job with nothing. I feel you work so hard to build a book but if you or they get tired either one can cut ties but you have nothing after.

So in a perfect world (1) I would like a company who would either offer a salary or draw to get started so I don't have to struggle financially (2) A company who can provide leads or the training on how to build a book since I do not know how to do this since I started out working from a list for prospecting. (3) The ability to keep my book should I want to leave or atleast keep my renewals. The main reason I need a "company" is that I would like to have the additional benefits of health insurance, possible pension, and brand behind me.

So CONFUSED...Any advice or direction would be great

For 1 & 2, check out Securian:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...-agent-looking-advice-t79368.html#post1060552

They'll pay you for ACTIVITY. The links are in that thread.

For 2 & 3, Guardian and MassMutual. Each should have a vesting schedule for renewals, and if/when you leave, you'll at least be able to SERVICE your policyholders. I don't know if you can keep your renewals, but I also wouldn't worry about "stepping over dollars to pick up pennies". It's about client relationship control and service, not the pennies of renewals you leave behind.

If you can deal without #1, then I'd recommend:
#2) Insurance Pro Shop training
#3) Ohio National (they've got a pretty decent setup for their PGA contract including health insurance and a NQDC plan).

Based on the thread title, this really wasn't I expected it to be about.. :no::D

Sorry to disappoint, my pill has been hard to swallow recently and I guess I'm not that creative but I am glad I generated interest.

----------

For 1 & 2, check out Securian:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...-agent-looking-advice-t79368.html#post1060552

They'll pay you for ACTIVITY. The links are in that thread.

For 2 & 3, Guardian and MassMutual. Each should have a vesting schedule for renewals, and if/when you leave, you'll at least be able to SERVICE your policyholders. I don't know if you can keep your renewals, but I also wouldn't worry about "stepping over dollars to pick up pennies". It's about client relationship control and service, not the pennies of renewals you leave behind.

If you can deal without #1, then I'd recommend:
#2) Insurance Pro Shop training
#3) Ohio National (they've got a pretty decent setup for their PGA contract including health insurance and a NQDC plan).

Thank you for your reply. I have reached out to securian to find out more. I have been down the Mass Mutual route but didn't move forward since the GA near me is not trust worthy and they were offering NO support and have a bad reputation. I have someone who talks about Ohio National all the time but I don't know much about their career route but I am currently a broker right now.

Sorry to disappoint, my pill has been hard to swallow recently and I guess I'm not that creative but I am glad I generated interest.

----------

Would say there are a lot of men looking for the perfect pill. If you discover it, you won't have to sell insurance to make a living. :biggrin:

Thank you for your reply. I have reached out to securian to find out more. I have been down the Mass Mutual route but didn't move forward since the GA near me is not trust worthy and they were offering NO support and have a bad reputation. I have someone who talks about Ohio National all the time but I don't know much about their career route but I am currently a broker right now.

I was referring to their independent route, but it wouldn't hurt to check out a career agency with Ohio National either.

Since you are already independent, I would try insurance proshop first. I never used them but I have taken a look at their stuff and it is good for a beginner. The monthly cost is reasonable for 6 months.

I have been running in circles looking for the perfect opportunity but I keep running in circles unsure of what is the best direction to go in. I am licensed in LIFE and HEALTH and am used to selling life insurance and annuities. Currently I am working as an independent since I left my previous company in which I worked primarily off of a list of "members" to gain my sales. Now that I am "Independent" I realize I still have a lot to learn and skill to gather. With that being said I have spoken to many different companies and all sound good over a conversation but I have a guard up since I do not want to get burned.

Currently I have spoken to NYLife, Guardian (Agency System), and an independent agency that works with Ameritas. My big issue is that with most of these companies you are somewhat captive in the sense that if you ever leave you do not own your book of business and it is just like leaving a job with nothing. I feel you work so hard to build a book but if you or they get tired either one can cut ties but you have nothing after.

So in a perfect world (1) I would like a company who would either offer a salary or draw to get started so I don't have to struggle financially (2) A company who can provide leads or the training on how to build a book since I do not know how to do this since I started out working from a list for prospecting. (3) The ability to keep my book should I want to leave or atleast keep my renewals. The main reason I need a "company" is that I would like to have the additional benefits of health insurance, possible pension, and brand behind me.

So CONFUSED...Any advice or direction would be great

Hi Advisor06! Have you been able to research internet marketing? It is a very viable source of income and is a good way to create your own business by selling products from another company. I use to work in the health insurance industry until I found digital marketing last year, and am now enjoying the ability to work from anywhere that I have access to wifi.

The only barrier or challenging bit I found getting started was the initial time it took to understand and implement the key concepts. However, I've found a large amount of educational resources just by using google, which has allowed me to have massive success.

Marketing and selling products online is definitely where the future of careers are headed. I just thought I'd put it out there. I wish you well on your journey.

Be well! :)

Back