Seasoned Agent Unsure of my Options...please Help!

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
So I am lost and trying to find my way towards a long term option that can provide me stability...I have been in the industry for the last 10 years selling life, annuities and ltc for a captive fraternal insurance company. I left them a little over a year ago for a "job" selling outside of the insurance world. I quickly have found that that is not for me. Yes they gave me a nice base salary but their products wont sell and they micro manage every move you make and think they own you 24/7.

With that being said I am looking back to my options in the insurance world. I have a friend of mine who works for NYLife and says it has its pros and cons but they do provide him leads and orphans to work which at times he finds to be inconsistent. The reason the leads are so attractive to me is that when I sold for the captive company I was with is that they gave me a roster list to prospect from which helps with making your next sale. I was never trained to fish in the open ocean without a fish finder.

I have also looked into working with Liberty mutual (I do not have a P&C License) and plan on meeting with them to discuss their opportunity but based on the reviews I have found on here it seems like they are as well high pressure with the need to sell every day.

In the end I am not sure on what direction to go...I would love to be independent but I am not that confident to take the leap.

So I am lost and trying to find my way towards a long term option that can provide me stability...I have been in the industry for the last 10 years selling life, annuities and ltc for a captive fraternal insurance company. I left them a little over a year ago for a "job" selling outside of the insurance world. I quickly have found that that is not for me. Yes they gave me a nice base salary but their products wont sell and they micro manage every move you make and think they own you 24/7.

With that being said I am looking back to my options in the insurance world. I have a friend of mine who works for NYLife and says it has its pros and cons but they do provide him leads and orphans to work which at times he finds to be inconsistent. The reason the leads are so attractive to me is that when I sold for the captive company I was with is that they gave me a roster list to prospect from which helps with making your next sale. I was never trained to fish in the open ocean without a fish finder.

I have also looked into working with Liberty mutual (I do not have a P&C License) and plan on meeting with them to discuss their opportunity but based on the reviews I have found on here it seems like they are as well high pressure with the need to sell every day.

In the end I am not sure on what direction to go...I would love to be independent but I am not that confident to take the leap.

If you liked the captive fraternal, can you not go back?

If you liked the captive fraternal, can you not go back?

They have a no rehire policy with no exceptions. It's not that I like the captive fraternal side it's what I came from so my challenges are gaining clients.

I don't have a particular "market". I used to sell to anyone who would write a check. I sold WL, term and annuities

First, you should determine a target market.. Once you have done that, then you can decide how to "fish".... For example, most of the guys that specialize in Final Expense seem to use direct mail or telemarketing to create leads.. Agents that decide to work the small business market usually start out cold calling and then move to developing referrals.. But the important thing is they have a target in mind when they leave the house. I started out as more or less a generalist in the family life market.. I prospected by cold canvasing and then by working outward to the new clients family and friends. With the experience you have, you should be able to make it as an independent if you have the willpower to make yourself do the things you need to do even if you don't relish doing them.

Even if it were true (which I cannot confirm or deny), your ultimatum is pointless as STI Broker can simply have your username be banned, your IP blocked, and have all your posts deleted.

I don't have a particular "market". I used to sell to anyone who would write a check. I sold WL, term and annuities

Alot of what Rouse said. Sounds like you may have been very general or pre need?

FE seems to be doing good, from stories I've read. I've even given thought to focusing on it primarily, might be your cup of tea?

Back