Secure Email

JJ2713

Guru
Does anyone use a secure email service?

Using a regular email service for general emails is fine - like information about Medicare (or other insurance topics), other educational content, etc.

However, when the client is sending you information or sending back a contract that has their personal, Medicare, and bank information, then having a secure email just for that makes sense. Or a secure place for the client to upload everything.

Not just to be compliant with HIPAA, but simply to protect the information of the client, and your information as well.

Digital thieves do hack emails to get information. And they're getting better at it.

They even hack the email accounts from title companies to send fake emails to real estate buyers, changing the wiring instructions, and then the buyer sends the funds to the wrong account, losing all the money. I know someone who lost $100K with that.

Yes, people need to be skeptical of every email, etc., but some people, especially seniors, are not that savvy. Some people can't even tell the difference between an advertisement and a legitimate piece of mail (e.g. your car warranty has expired, etc.).

The last thing anyone wants is some senior getting a fake email, thinking it's from you, and then sending money to the wrong place, then having their contract cancelled, or having their identity stolen, etc.

Just seems that using secure email for sensitive information makes sense.

I use indentillect.com just for those reasons. Cheap and client user friendly. Nobody has had problems except people using it to send me non private info. Telling me your dogs name does not mean you can use my secure email

I know using gmail or other common email program for your business email is easy enough.

And while google and other tech companies have security, is it enough? Remember, Apple accounts were hacked not too long ago.

It just seems that for emails that contain sensitive information, the sending/receiving of emails should be even more secure.

This goes for fax as well.

Back