Secure Horizons & Cataract Surgery

mcday

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've got a call in to the DSU about how Secure Horizons would pay on cataract surgery. All of the supervisors were "in a meeting" and I'm still waiting on a call back.

Does anybody have any experience to know how this would work and what the costs would be under the new 2008 AARP MedicareComplete Plan 1?

Thx

I've got a call in to the DSU about how Secure Horizons would pay on cataract surgery. All of the supervisors were "in a meeting" and I'm still waiting on a call back.

Does anybody have any experience to know how this would work and what the costs would be under the new 2008 AARP MedicareComplete Plan 1?

Thx
It would be paid either as inpatient or outpatient surgery depending on how/where it was done. Likely outpatient.

Pay the copay for the surgery center and you're done. They will cover glasses following cataract surgery also.

Rick

Thx

I would call the prospective member number and tell them that you are considering enrolling and ask the question. I am completely convinced that the DSU is totally worthless. You get that call back yet?

Winter

I have had nothing but excellent help from DSU, every call agent I've spoken to has gone out of their way to help me with far more difficult issues than this, and even gone as far as call the enrollee and explain things or apologize when things have gone south. Considering the amount of BS they have to tolerate from every agent my experience with them has been exemplary.

Customer Care, on the other hand, I have found to be poorly informed on how the plan benefits are administered, do nothing but read from a SOB script on their computer screens.

Today I called for details regarding AARP Medicare plan 2 and 3 passport option, how it is administered and in what plans and counties it was available and even when the DSU agent didnt know the answer, they went to another department to get the answers for me. Compare this to my experiences with Universal Any Any Any last year and they are better by miles.

I've had no experiences with Coventry, or Todays Options, but I can't say enough nice things about UH DSU.jmho

No, I never did get the call back from the DSU. However, I called the enrollee with Rick's information and everything was okay.

I fully expected to get a call back. I had another issue earlier in the week with a woman who went to pick up her meds and the pharmacy told her that her card wasn't good. I called the DSU. They told me they would fix it. A few hours later, they called the enrollee to apologize and let her know things were now worked out.

Overall, I think it all depends on who picks up the phone. I can usually tell in two seconds if they're going to try and read me the marketing materials word for word or if they actually know what they're talking about.

It would save a lot of time if I would just hang up and try again!

Back