Secure Horizons: No Agent Left Behind

theinuranceguy

Guru
1000 Post Club
OH...IO
Secure Horizons has come out with a new initiative:

The No Agent Left Behind Initiative

This is what it entails, and I am not joking:

Agents who were licensed, certified, and wrote business before the end of OEP will be able to market any Secure Horizons or Evercare Products after April 1, 2008.

We are waiting on conformation to see if we can even license new people…

Strange Huh? :skeptical:

Well gee, if not, then I guess it's on to the next provider! Sounds easy enough. As I implied in a different thread, it appears they are happy with their telesales group and are willing to support them at the expense of the individual agent. If that's how it is....so be it.

[FONT=&quot]I'm with Mr.Bill![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I wouldn’t spend a lot of time chasing after a partner whom doesn’t show-up for the big dance. “No Business” left behind is another example of the carry-a-big-stick desperation motivational approach that typically works with a captive agents and rarely works with independents.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]UHC's bipolar independent agent attitude is perverse throughout their out-of-touch organizational food chain. [/FONT]

This attitude of Secure Horizons towards independents is self-defeating. Their products are not competitive in my local area, and I have to go quite a distance to find a county where it is defendable to market them.

In the meantime, I have had a deadline given to me to move out of a building I have been in for 12 years. As anyone who is a packrat like me knows, it is quite a haul! During this time I get this demand for production that is retroactive to my signed agreement. No where did they ever give a quota or production schedule until now. I am not a happy camper!

After taking 2 1/2 months to complete their licensing (they claimed to have "lost" my paperwork submitted in early October more than once), and not being able to certify or order product until given a writing number, I missed the AEP, and didn't get shipment of Med Sups until sometime in January, this is therefore somewhat over the top:

Only agents who have sold during the Annual Enrollment Period (November 15, 2007 – December 31, 2007) or Open Enrollment Period (January 1, 2008 – March 31, 2008) will be authorized to sell for us throughout the remainder of 2008 (beginning April 1, 2008), hence the importance of our campaign to ensure that we have “No Agent Left Behind”!

Somebody in upper management needs to review this policy!

:arghh:

Insecure Horizons have the worst benefits package of all the competing MAPD, PFFS, or chronic illness plans. I couldn't in good conscience sell their products.

We had over 15 agents who signed contracts in early November and did not recieve writing numbers until January...

And now if they didnt write any apps since then, then they are "suspended"...

We dont get it?

This attitude of Secure Horizons towards independents is self-defeating. Their products are not competitive in my local area, and I have to go quite a distance to find a county where it is defendable to market them.

In the meantime, I have had a deadline given to me to move out of a building I have been in for 12 years. As anyone who is a packrat like me knows, it is quite a haul! During this time I get this demand for production that is retroactive to my signed agreement. No where did they ever give a quota or production schedule until now. I am not a happy camper!

After taking 2 1/2 months to complete their licensing (they claimed to have "lost" my paperwork submitted in early October more than once), and not being able to certify or order product until given a writing number, I missed the AEP, and didn't get shipment of Med Sups until sometime in January, this is therefore somewhat over the top:

Only agents who have sold during the Annual Enrollment Period (November 15, 2007 – December 31, 2007) or Open Enrollment Period (January 1, 2008 – March 31, 2008) will be authorized to sell for us throughout the remainder of 2008 (beginning April 1, 2008), hence the importance of our campaign to ensure that we have “No Agent Left Behind”!

Somebody in upper management needs to review this policy!

:arghh:

I had the same experience where I signed on in Novermber and come early January, after many calls, they said they lost paperwork. It took me 8 weeks to get it. The FMO I was with did nothing to help me and in CT there is very little area covered by United and AARP. The Evercare is not very good here in CT either.

I was able to switch FMO's to a local one where they will give leads and set appointments if you want. Again seeing that Evercare is the only viable SNP they have it does not get me excited.

After my experience with seniors being afraid to switch to an MA that matches their supp and save $2,000-3000 I've decided to look into the med supps and pursue them.

If anyone has any experience with Globe supps here in CT please let me know. They are the cheapest with AARP right behind. Since I've just switched FMO's for Secure Horizons/United/AARP I guess I'm just looking to get set up with Globe Life & Accident.

The new FMO did say I could be released anytime I wanted so if someone has a good supp program set up with Secure Horizons/AARP let me know as well.

I had the same experience where I signed on in Novermber and come early January, after many calls, they said they lost paperwork. It took me 8 weeks to get it. The FMO I was with did nothing to help me and in CT there is very little area covered by United and AARP. The Evercare is not very good here in CT either.

I was able to switch FMO's to a local one where they will give leads and set appointments if you want. Again seeing that Evercare is the only viable SNP they have it does not get me excited.

After my experience with seniors being afraid to switch to an MA that matches their supp and save $2,000-3000 I've decided to look into the med supps and pursue them.

If anyone has any experience with Globe supps here in CT please let me know. They are the cheapest with AARP right behind. Since I've just switched FMO's for Secure Horizons/United/AARP I guess I'm just looking to get set up with Globe Life & Accident.

The new FMO did say I could be released anytime I wanted so if someone has a good supp program set up with Secure Horizons/AARP let me know as well.

UHC/Secure Horizons is a shlock outfit despite their size. Totally, totally incompetent crew.

In regard to Globe supplements, aren't they just a mail order/telephone outfit that does not sell through agents? Also, I think they have a six month pre-exist clause. Varies by state undoubtedly but check those factors out.

Winter

I may have mentioned this in a prior thread, but I still get a kick out of this story.

Husband and wife bought Humana from me about a year ago. They went to a Secure Horizons seminar in December (they went for the food). Secure Horizons just came to KC with a pitiful HMO plan. They were in awe when the two presenting agents could not answer most of the questions asked, but people were enrolling.

Moral of the story...you do not have to know what you are doing as long as you have the AARP logo.

Is Globe back in broker business? A member of the Torchmark Corp, they had some active agencies selling their supps and final Expense years ago. ( in the '80's) Then they stopped, beat a lot of agents out of commis where there was a lawsuit, and last i heard they were selling thru the mail.

Back