Seeking Advice about Life & Health from Experienced Experts

Birdman300

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've been on this forum and read a ton of good information. I would like to ask for some feedback from some of you who are more experienced in Life & Health.

I would like to pose the following questions:

1. If you were given the chance to re-start your insurance career all over again (knowing what you know now), would you do anything differently? If so, what?
2. What one piece of advice would you tell someone who is just starting in the insurance industry?
3. How many years have you been in this industry?

re: Seeking Advice about Life & Health from Experienced Experts

I've been on this forum and read a ton of good information. I would like to ask for some feedback from some of you who are more experienced in Life & Health.

I would like to pose the following questions:

1. If you were given the chance to re-start your insurance career all over again (knowing what you know now), would you do anything differently? If so, what?
2. What one piece of advice would you tell someone who is just starting in the insurance industry?
3. How many years have you been in this industry?

1. I'd go independent after 2 years instead of 17 years.
2. Prospect every day.
3. 32 years.

I'll agree with gollini.

1. Independent ASAP. 2-3 years (If you can find an agency that lets you keep your book, even if its with a smaller payout, do it)
2. Prospect Everyday to YOUR type of clients. Find out who you work best with. I'm a strong woman, I don't work well with other strong women. 90% of my clients are men ;)
3. Figure out YOUR best method to follow-up. And use a system. I bastardized one-card in google calendar, but it works for me.
4. Don't sell everything at first. Learn a product then add another.
5. 12 years independent, 22 years total

1. It took me 2 years to realize that captive was the wrong way to go. Then a year off to clear my head and now ive been back for a few years independently. Support is everything for growth and long term. I guess if I could go back I would have been able to help more of my agents within the captive company I was with.

2. I guess my one piece of advice would be to find a good mentor and listen.

3. 6 years for me.

1. I'd go independent after 2 years instead of 17 years.
2. Prospect every day.
3. 32 years.

Excellent advice:

I
1) left MONY after my 2 year training allowance was exhausted.
2) Prospect, Prospect, Prospect...Smile and dial :), always have business cards.
3)26 years

Hey ProInsAlliance, some friendly advice.
We get spammers on this forum, like the one you quoted, all of the time.

The mods are pretty good about removing the posts quickly when they get reported. The problem is when you quote them, their spam stays.

You might want to edit your post so that you don't give that guy any more free advertising.

Hey ProInsAlliance, some friendly advice.
We get spammers on this forum, like the one you quoted, all of the time.

The mods are pretty good about removing the posts quickly when they get reported. The problem is when you quote them, their spam stays.

You might want to edit your post so that you don't give that guy any more free advertising.

Thanks and now noted for future reference

1- I would focus on a niche that interested me, instead of following what the higher ups in my company wanted me to focus on.
2- Pay attention to who you are and what you value. If you have strong skills in one are, find ways to make that the more prominent in your job/career and you will excel. You can't neglect your weaknesses but, on the other hand, people will pay you to do what you're good at.
3- 8 years

Back