Seeking advice from veteran health agents

I want to go on the record and say that I usually offer term and recommend to invest the rest so the whole process from application to policy is about 3-4 weeks

Is 200K of term a faster UW process than 200K of WL for the same person (say a 40 year old in good shape.)

One nice thing about health is that the sale cycle is usually short and even with an APS it is not usually more than 30 days for a yea or nay. I'd like to sell life and am learning about it but I think I agree with the poster who said that you need to go after the larger face amounts given the long sale cycle.

Al

LOL...here it go's!

See my prior post above.

Not sure what you mean? I have many relationships with guys that sell other financial products, i.e. securities, P$C, that refer business to me all the time and we split the commission. It helps their client obtain quality information from an expert in that field. If someone has clients that they aren't servicing from a life or disability standpoint, it would make sense to establish a relationship with someone that can. BTW, I'm not an FMO looking for recruits. Just an agent looking to expand my business.

Not sure what you mean? I have many relationships with guys that sell other financial products, i.e. securities, P, that refer business to me all the time and we split the commission. It helps their client obtain quality information from an expert in that field. If someone has clients that they aren't servicing from a life or disability standpoint, it would make sense to establish a relationship with someone that can. BTW, I'm not an FMO looking for recruits. Just an agent looking to expand my business.

Then come out and say it. If you have been in this business for any time you know the answers to your own questions. Hell, you pretty much answered them in OP.

Only a lame brain would hand over his/her book for an unknown agent to call. You really need to have a good relationship with a agent to turn over established clients.

No problem with you growing your biz just come out and say it. No biggie. Good luck.

Last edited:
A major ditto to Somarco's post.

I've done 8 life cases this year and it takes my eye off the health insurance ball. I'd like to do more but its a major distraction. If term had better renewals I'd make more a point of it.

Last edited:
Then come out and say it. If you have been in this business for any time you know the answers to your own questions. Hell, you pretty much answered them in OP.

Only a lame brain would hand over his/her book for an unknown agent to call. You really need to have a good relationship with a agent to turn over established clients.

No problem with you growing your biz just come out and say it. No biggie. Good luck.

What questions was I seeking answers to? I don't follow.

The first step in getting to know someone is a discussion. I have met other on other forums that started with a simple discussion and it led to a relationship. I didn't know it was important to come out and say what I inferred. Try not to get your panties in such a wad, I was making a suggestion that could be profitable whether they work with me or someone else. I write about 300 life policies a year as well as many disability and health cases, I would think many agents are interested in growing their revenue.

Is 200K of term a faster UW process than 200K of WL for the same person (say a 40 year old in good shape.)

No, it's about the same...I don't understand why it takes 6 weeks for some people. Just a couple more requirements in my experience but nothing to drag underwriting out another month, then tack on 1 week for paycheck, from Nationwide anyways.

Last edited:
Back