Seeking mentorship in the annuity seminar market

Sparks

Been in the industry for the last 2 years selling primarily Mortgage Protection and FE with some annuity cross-selling but want to make the switch into full time annuity production with a goal of 15M/year in production. I have seen first hand just how much can be made by selling annuities and using seminars specifically to make those sales. I am looking for mentorship in this from someone who has been doing it a while and can show me the ropes.

How familiar are you with retirement income planning?

IRS Publication 590-a and 590-b? Publication 560?

How about social security income coordination with income from qualified retirement plans?

What I'm trying to show you, is that annuity sales are VERY different from MP and FE. It takes far more financial planning knowledge to integrate annuity products into a holistic retirement plan and is far more than just "pitching a product".

Okay, you can probably "pitch" product for balances under $100,000.

Yes, you can earn a lot, but you have to be WORTH a lot to win that business.

That being said, a lot of people you can follow and search for their articles: Tom Hegna, Curtis Cloke. Van Mueller, Sheryl Moore, Insurance Pro Shop, and there are more.

This is serious business and it can pay very well... but you've got to be serious and it takes more than just wanting to earn a lot of money.

Also, since your username indicates that you're in California, I'd recommend that you read up on the ARREST of Glenn Neasham and Alan S. Lewis. While Glenn Neasham was originally convicted, his sentence was eventually overturned. Alan Lewis's case was also dismissed.

Ex-Agent Faces Burglary Charges For Annuity Sales

Just a heads up.

Also, don't be this guy:
Learn How To Use Annuity Products To Help Your Clients!

Been in the industry for the last 2 years selling primarily Mortgage Protection and FE with some annuity cross-selling but want to make the switch into full time annuity production with a goal of 15M/year in production. I have seen first hand just how much can be made by selling annuities and using seminars specifically to make those sales. I am looking for mentorship in this from someone who has been doing it a while and can show me the ropes.
Not saying you can't do it, but 15m/yr would probably make you one of the largest producers in the country not affiliated with a b/d or RIA.

Also, if you're going to do seminars, make sure that you have a lot of money set aside to run them. A seminar series (3 events on the same mailing) can easily be 6-8k+, depending on where you're located.

Have you done any research on Annuity Check? Not sure if they have prior production requirements, but it's worth it to check them out. My IMO (Gen3 Advisors) sent out an email on them the other day. IT was the first I've ever heard of Annuity Check. I'm also looking into doing seminars

Check out Aegis Financial. They have a great program working with a digital marketing company. They guarantee 30 sign ups. Its up to you to follow up for a higher probability of attendance. Much cheaper than doing the mailings yourself. Talk to Steve Gibson, Tell him I sent you. :)

Nathaniel,

Please go read the rules before you post anything spammy.

However, I will agree with you concerning Affinity. Great group! I'm glad we work with you.

Back