Self Defense Umbrella Policy

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
So I've been looking at adding on an Umbrella Policy for awhile now. And by awhile, I mean 6 months when I realized they existed.

A friend of mine had asked if I knew anything about Self Defense insurance and I thought maybe an Umbrella policy would cover it.

So I called my SF agent. That was an awkward conversation btw.

SF has wording in their UPs that state they won't pay out for "Intentional" acts.

I guess you still intentionally pull the trigger in a self defense situation and that's their way of getting out of paying.

Why would you need this coverage might you ask? All sorts of reasons I hope never happen.

Some "Yutes'" parent may sue you after defending yourself against their choir boy mugger of a kid.

Maybe some anti-gun DA is trying to make a name for them self.

Either way, I don't know a lot about this. I read up on some "self defense" insurance programs but they only pay you back after the fact and only if you're acquitted.

Are there any carriers out there that have UPs that don't specifically use the term "intentional?" Or are there UPs designed for this kind of risk in mind?

Insurance is pretty much always going to exclude intentional acts.

If they don't it opens them up to defense when you rob/burglarize somebody ect.

Yeah I looked at the NRA self-defense insurance, but it won't pay out until after the fact and only if you're not convicted.

----------

This is the only one I found that will pay before hand, but the price is kind of steep for their best plan:

http://www.secondcalldefense.org/plans-and-pricing

Yeah I looked at the NRA self-defense insurance, but it won't pay out until after the fact and only if you're not convicted.

----------

This is the only one I found that will pay before hand, but the price is kind of steep for their best plan:

Monthly Membership Plans | Second Call Defense

Just try not to be so trigger happy. Pistol whip them 1st, then if that doesn't work...shoot their sorry ass.:yes:

You got mugged by a choir boy? What kind of church are you involved with?;)

Franklin Binary trigger system get some
Well I'm definitely getting that!! I have a bump fire, but it only seems to work sporadically and I can't work the safety with my trigger hand because of the design.

But that is awesome!!

Some of you might remember that I have a friend who's husband pushed a guy and he fell and hit his head and died. The insurance company had all kinds of barriers to using the coverage, you had to use their lawyers and notify them asap. Kind of hard when it's a holiday weekend and you are trying to get bailed out. Then comes the intentional word. And he couldn't plead guilty to a lesser charge or anything because that proves intent and then he would have to pay it all back. But his charges were upgraded to manslaughter anyway so the company is out for now. We will have to see if they downgrade the charges to something unintentional for the insurance company to get back in the game but he never used their lawyer, they took ages with a recommendation and then it wasn't a criminal lawyer. So that's another loophole, we pick a crappy lawyer for you and you take the chance.

Some of you might remember that I have a friend who's husband pushed a guy and he fell and hit his head and died. The insurance company had all kinds of barriers to using the coverage, you had to use their lawyers and notify them asap. Kind of hard when it's a holiday weekend and you are trying to get bailed out. Then comes the intentional word. And he couldn't plead guilty to a lesser charge or anything because that proves intent and then he would have to pay it all back. But his charges were upgraded to manslaughter anyway so the company is out for now. We will have to see if they downgrade the charges to something unintentional for the insurance company to get back in the game but he never used their lawyer, they took ages with a recommendation and then it wasn't a criminal lawyer. So that's another loophole, we pick a crappy lawyer for you and you take the chance.

Good stuff, never thought of the fine print for those policies.

Back