Self Emloyed Life Insurance Agent

tripletmom

Hello! I have just signed up here but have found this site to be extremely helpful along the way. I have been in the insurance field and licensed in life/health for the past 5 years. I have primarily been selling disability insurance and work for a local company here. I would however like to get out on my own and have been researching life insurance. My question is....can you direct me to a good company to sell life with that will allow me to work from home and be an independent agent with minimal out of pocket start-up? :)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Shannon

Hello! I have just signed up here but have found this site to be extremely helpful along the way. I have been in the insurance field and licensed in life/health for the past 5 years. I have primarily been selling disability insurance and work for a local company here. I would however like to get out on my own and have been researching life insurance. My question is....can you direct me to a good company to sell life with that will allow me to work from home and be an independent agent with minimal out of pocket start-up? :)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Shannon

Welcome Shannon.

First you will want to only post your question once. Repeat postings are a pain to everyone.

What kind of life insurance are you looking to sell mostly. Montana seems a bit sparse population wise. Are you wanting to do this by phone or Face to Face?

Good luck,

Lee

Why not sell life and disability? Very few people sell disability so there is less competition.

Sorry for the double post, not sure what happened.

I am certainly open for selling life and disability. I just want to get set up with a reputable company.

I have checked with Aflac, NYL and Met Life. There arent any offices in my area. So thats why I was wondering about working from home and getting set up that way.

Just checking options and looking for ideas at this point.

Thank again!!

Hello! I have just signed up here but have found this site to be extremely helpful along the way. I have been in the insurance field and licensed in life/health for the past 5 years. I have primarily been selling disability insurance and work for a local company here. I would however like to get out on my own and have been researching life insurance. My question is....can you direct me to a good company to sell life with that will allow me to work from home and be an independent agent with minimal out of pocket start-up?

Welcome aboard Shannon, good to have you here.

There are numerous life companies that you can work with on an independent, brokerage basis with no startup costs at all (outside of maybe minimal appointment fees).

As opposed to looking for a "good company to sell with", have you considered thinking about what type of client you are most effective with, and finding company(s) that work well with that?

If there is a career shop for mutual of omaha nearby, check into that. They specialize in life and disability.

It's simply finding an FMO (wholesaler) that has contracts with many life insurance companies. Two that I know are Network Ins in Florida. Ask for Diana Smith and mention Joel to her. You can also check out www.carylevinson.com and ask for Bill Levinson. They have a great website deal, very hi-tech. Either one will help you find the right co. for your prospect. That's really how it works. Levinson has a quote engine with a lot of companies on it so you can see the different qoutes immediately and you can send a link for the prospect to see them, read about them and enroll and you get paid. With the technology today you just need a smart phone, or laptop and you can enroll someone on the spot, right then and there.

Back