Sell to the Masses, Dine with the Classes

Charliebenton

Do you know the name of the successful Life agent who frequently said, If you sell to the classes, you'll dine with the masses. But if you'll sell to the masses, you'll dine with the classes.
He taught his young prospects that the majority of people rent this world from a minority of people. That minority is the group who plans and saves their money. Buy a small Whole Life policy with a large Term policy and each year, convert a portion.
20 years ago I heard a recording of the agent's story and I'd like to hear it again.
Thanks!
Charlie Benton
Columbia, SC

Do you know the name of the successful Life agent who frequently said, If you sell to the classes, you'll dine with the masses. But if you'll sell to the masses, you'll dine with the classes.
He taught his young prospects that the majority of people rent this world from a minority of people. That minority is the group who plans and saves their money. Buy a small Whole Life policy with a large Term policy and each year, convert a portion.
20 years ago I heard a recording of the agent's story and I'd like to hear it again.
Thanks!
Charlie Benton
Columbia, SC

It was Henry Ford. The man was a genius when it came to business. One of my favorite quotes by him was:

"A business that tries to save money by not advertising, is like a man who tries to save time by stopping his watch." Remember this quote the next time you are on the fence about whether or not you should by that next mailer.

Oh i just read your post again, you said "life agent" I have no clue, but he was quoting Henry Ford for sure..

Last edited:
It was Henry Ford. The man was a genius when it came to business. One of my favorite quotes by him was:

"A business that tries to save money by not advertising, is like a man who tries to save time by stopping his watch." Remember this quote the next time you are on the fence about whether or not you should by that next mailer.

I didn't know Henry Ford was alive and selling insurance just 20 years ago? :D

Last edited:
John F. Savage, CLU - "Sell the masses, eat with the classes. Sell the classes, go belly up!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
He also said:

"There are two groups of people economically speaking: 1 group spends and saves what's left. The 2nd group saves first and spends what's left. The 1st group always works for the 2nd group. Which group would you like to be in?"

You can get a really good free mp3 recording of John Savage here: John Savage System

You can also get the MDRT Sales Masters recordings of John Savage from the MDRT power center.

Last edited:
So where is the free recording? I hit that link and got a sales pitch to sign up for another secret link and when I did I got a hard sales pitch to buy some training program. Nice way to recruit your mlm.....lol.

How much of a discount to they give you for shillin for them? I might start shillin too;)

So where is the free recording? I hit that link and got a sales pitch to sign up for another secret link and when I did I got a hard sales pitch to buy some training program. Nice way to recruit your mlm.....lol.

I have no MLM.

The recording is there. Just follow the instructions in your email. I can't do everything for you. It's called "Best of John Savage".

There's a small link under the audio player to download it. You don't have to listen to the 17-minute pitch on the system.

It's not my website, nor do I have any financial interest in it whatsoever.

I have no MLM.

The recording is there. Just follow the instructions in your email. I can't do everything for you. It's called "Best of John Savage".

There's a small link under the audio player to download it. You don't have to listen to the 17-minute pitch on the system.

It's not my website, nor do I have any financial interest in it whatsoever.

Dhk, are you nw a spammer:skeptical:? :D

Back