Selling Book of Business

InsuranceESQ

Looking to sell my P&C book of business. No overhead, 95% retention, $100,000 per year in premiums, New York. Can someone recommend the fastest and best way to sell? Thank you!

AgencyEquity.com is a good place to list your book. What markets? Standard vs Non-Standard? When was the business started? 2017 total commissions? All questions that a buyer would need to know right away.

Are you in the city or on the island? I know a few shops always looking for local acquisitions.

I am located in the five boroughs and a few policies on the island, but mostly the five boroughs. PM me if you know of anyone that might be interested.

AgencyEquity.com is a good place to list your book. What markets? Standard vs Non-Standard? When was the business started? 2017 total commissions? All questions that a buyer would need to know right away.

Pretty much all standard, maybe a handful non-standard, the business was started in 2012, 2017 total commissions around $10,000 (rough number). No physical office, no employees, very high retention rate.

Sounds like the type of low-risk book we would be interested in, unfortunately not looking in NY right now. Depending on an in depth review of the book and agency financials, this is something that a buyer could spend $15K-$25K on.

Back