Selling C and F After 2020

I will always tell my clients of all the risks facing them; and one of them is potentially higher rates for plan for several reasons
1. higher deductible in the future means higher rates for F over G
2. pools of business closing off stand the risk of premium increases period

Will it happen at once? Probably not, but I feel obligated to explain all future implications especially when it comes to health insurance. I would expect nothing less from an agent from a consumer standpoint. Let me make the decision after fully informing me.

Next thing you know they will want to revoke my life insurance license for asking people the implications for their surviving family members and their home if the bread winner unexpectedly dies the next day.

IduOz7Y.png

Personally, agents who don't let their clients know the potential implications because they haven't happened yet (sound logic) or don't know what might happen rate-wise are crappy/lazy agents..

So, some carriers choose not to offer G but they blame the agent for selling it (with other carriers).

Jen, BXGA had G but pulled it 2 or 3 years ago. Never sold any. The premium savings was equal to the B deductible. Wonder why the plan didn't sell?

USAA doesn't offer G, neither does Humana. Probably a few more that don't but those two come to mind.

Only 7 carriers offer D right now.

create new pools or blocks of business for Plan G or other plans after or just before 2020 hits.

Fully expect this to happen. Several carriers did this in 2010 when the Modernized plans were introduced.

Of course MOO pulled United World off the market in GA and replaced them with United of Omaha. Also had a kickazz plan N ...........

That went well.

rouge agents

Are some of them confused about which restroom to use?

david-williams-cross-dress.jpg

assuming there is big money in the closed block

Maybe for a while. But eventually the aging of the group along with increased claims catch up. That's when they start raising rates at a faster pace and higher increases to stay ahead of claims. Also use that tactic to run off as many as they can.

"math them away" from Plan F.

Common core?

UHC and BCBS told us they were coming after our licenses with their lobbyist buddies if we don't stop selling G over F. Apparently they think we're "fearmongering", I guess that's how they would describe giving opinions based in fact and using the argument about how J went away in 2010, the block of business closed, and the rates jumped up. They were pimping C and F so hard, the money trail became so evident.

Shout out to the agents that spoke up for us "rogue agents" as they referred to us as.

Well good luck with that UHC and BCBS. We know they can be idiots at times, but the idiots that threatened this are really showing how ignorant they are!

Bring it on UHC and BCBS! :laugh:

So, some carriers choose not to offer G but they blame the agent for selling it (with other carriers).

Jen, BXGA had G but pulled it 2 or 3 years ago. Never sold any. The premium savings was equal to the B deductible. Wonder why the plan didn't sell?

USAA doesn't offer G, neither does Humana. Probably a few more that don't but those two come to mind.

Only 7 carriers offer D right now.

Fully expect this to happen. Several carriers did this in 2010 when the Modernized plans were introduced.

Of course MOO pulled United World off the market in GA and replaced them with United of Omaha. Also had a kickazz plan N ...........

That went well.

Are some of them confused about which restroom to use?

david-williams-cross-dress.jpg

Maybe for a while. But eventually the aging of the group along with increased claims catch up. That's when they start raising rates at a faster pace and higher increases to stay ahead of claims. Also use that tactic to run off as many as they can.

Common core?

Oxford doesn't have Plan G either.

And there's a recruiter on here who said they could take his Plan N or go elsewhere. It was the only plan he offered because it was "easy".

Back