Selling C and F After 2020

Three is a big difference in telling someone what will happen with the Plan F rates after 2020 is unknown & you are not sure the risk is worth enrolling in a Plan F vs. there is a nuclear bomb on the horizon with Plan F and we should all run for the hills. Both mean the same thing, but the first one is just far better worded.

That, in my opinion, is the difference between a good agent and a rogue one.

In many areas the financial difference in F vs G going in is $250/yr or more. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out paying an extra $250 to cover a deductible of $166 isn't a good idea.

In many areas the financial difference in F vs G going in is $250/yr or more. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out paying an extra $250 to cover a deductible of $166 isn't a good idea.

That's just fear mongering Bob.

Shhh, Bob you are scaring people with the truth.

Interestingly, a gentleman brought up a similar example to the women that day. And the immediate response was "I disagree and you still need to show them all their options..." or something to that effect.

So just show everyone Plan F. Then show them G. Then show them the numbers and let "them" decide.

It reminds me of how I train my agents to handle the Med Advantage objection......

"Sure Mr. or Mrs. prospect, I certainly want you to know about all your options. I know a great deal about Advantage plans, so let me tell you the pros and cons of them, and then you can decide if it's a great fit. Sound good?"

:yes:

I normally lead with N, but when it comes to explaining Medicare 101, after I go through A - D I lead into the Medigap discussion with F.

" Anything approved by Mcare A or B is also covered by plan F. You have full coverage for approved A and B claims."

"It is the easiest to explain and also the one with the highest premium."

I throw out some F rates then tell them about G.

Do you want to pay a carrier an extra $250 per year to cover a claim of $166?

Sometimes the response is, "I would have to be crazy to do that".

If they want to go further we talk about N.

Thanks for the info.

Increasing B premiums and B deductibles significantly will generate a lot of squawk as well. Can't tell you how many people complain about premiums rising in years when their SS remained the same.

These old folks can be crabby.

Not nice like me.

That's because those aren't the only things we have to pay for.
At 72 what I get to look forward to is more. :GEEK:

There is a part A deductible.
There is a part B premium.
There is a part B deductible.
There is a Medigap premium.
There is a part D deductible.
There is a part D drug plan.
There is a decreasing cost coverage formulary.
There is something called a donut hole which apparently does not refer to the hole in the middle of my powdered sugar donut.
There is cash for drugs.
There is cash for the docs.
There is cash for the canes. (I need two so I can strike out with both hands.)
There is cash for the coffee at McDonalds so you can sit and complain about the cost of Medicare.

:jimlad:

It seems there will be disruption from MACRA in Plan G loss ratios.
I'm seeing the F vs G premium difference widen in advance of 2020.
Especially at AARP insurance (sometimes referred to as UHC)

Who is still selling plan F?

I'll let others comment on this Milliman report ..........all mud to me
http://www.milliman.com/uploadedFiles/insight/2016/medicare-supplement-market-2020-vision.pdf
the price difference in G and F in Florida for AARP finally got wide enough this year, I am switching to G from F and N. That being said, the majority of my business is still MAPD, not medsupp...

Back