Selling Final Expense Via Telephone

Tony is a good friend of mine... very solid guy

he is a great golfer too don't let him take anyones money on the golf course
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i would have to disagree

i have seen at least ten agents that were twenty thousand AP a month producers try to go the tele sales and 100 percent of them either failed or made less money than face to face...

i do agree that some prospects would rather not have an agent in their home and would like to buy over the phone but from my experience this only really works in a call center environment where you have a automated dialer and unlimited leads to call

even in a Call center environment the close ratio is close to 12 percent and this is with a floor manager and other non producing agents involved in the process... the average agent face to face sells between 22-24 percent of the leads so i highly doubt the extra leads you would need selling by the phone would out weigh the gas and the high close ratio...

We'll just have to disagree then. My track record, and my team's track record speaks for itself.

12% closing % is lousy. That's why I said above fresh exclusive TV leads are the way to go.

Those $20k field producers probably failed via tele-sales because no one knew how to properly train them on tele-sales. It would take someone who knows what they are doing to train those 2ok agents to be successful with tele-sales.

Tele-sales is not a magic bullet. It's not as easy as some inexperienced people think. The prospect can only hear your voice, it's the only "sense" involved in this type of communication. Tele-sales is different from face 2 face sales, those $20k producers proved that.

I agree with you. An agent may be able to write more apps over the phone but it isn't always about how many one writes as it is how many of those are still on the books in the thirteenth month.

The FE that I write stays on the books for a very long time, I still have a lot on the books that I sold in 1993. I only cross sell it to Med Supp clients.

Personally I think FE is much easier to cross sell than to prospect for.

For me, trying to prospect for and sell FE on the phone would rank up there with walking to the junk yard barefooted kicking broken bottles and bricks. :D

I have all the admiration in the world for agents who do that successfully. With their phone skills I can only imagine how successful they would be selling Med Supps and cross selling FE.

Hi Frank,

I've been attempting to get my team to cross sell FE and Dental on their Med Sup Sales. I was wondering if you could provide me some tips and transitional statements to make that portion of the sales flow smoother.

Thank you for your time!

Hi Frank,

I've been attempting to get my team to cross sell FE and Dental on their Med Sup Sales. I was wondering if you could provide me some tips and transitional statements to make that portion of the sales flow smoother.

Thank you for your time!

Your talking about 2 different markets. That's like trying to sell your Million Dollar Yacht buyers, a used and beat up Toyota.

Just not the right market for cross selling!

Your talking about 2 different markets. That's like trying to sell your Million Dollar Yacht buyers, a used and beat up Toyota.

Are we reading the post the same way?

Med Supp clients are great to cross sell FE to.:yes:

FE clients aren't usually good to cross sell Med Supps to.:nah:

Doug must be voting for Hillary . . .

Are we reading the post the same way?

Med Supp clients are great to cross sell FE to.:yes:

FE clients aren't usually good to cross sell Med Supps to.:nah:

Exactly . . . But - never judge any book by it's cover they say :yes:

Hi Fig,

I believe Medicare Supplement clients are excellent for cross-selling other policies. I was speaking to an agent last week who has been pushing hard for cancer policies during AEP and he is seeing the extra $$$ roll in because of his cross-selling efforts.

I have an entire chapter devoted to cross-selling in my book "How to Qualify, Present, & Sell Final Expense and Medicare Supplements to Seniors".

Best of luck in your cross-selling!

Back