Selling Florida Blue

ameneses54

Guru
100+ Post Club
This last enrollment I opted for an alternative to Florida Blue, the option carried better commissions and some major features, allbeit somewhat narrower networks.
As Florida Blue is "exclusive", I had to drop them this year, so my question would be how do you thing I could get the best of both worlds without breaking the rules of engagement. I understand this may translate in lower commissions and some agreement problems, but I'm positive it can be done.
Any ideas?

Arturo

This last enrollment I opted for an alternative to Florida Blue, the option carried better commissions and some major features, allbeit somewhat narrower networks.
As Florida Blue is "exclusive", I had to drop them this year, so my question would be how do you thing I could get the best of both worlds without breaking the rules of engagement. I understand this may translate in lower commissions and some agreement problems, but I'm positive it can be done.
Any ideas?

Arturo

It’s simple. If you’re in FL you only sell Florida blue if you only plan on writing them. Period.
They are pretty much the only option here anyways but because I’m MAPD/supp agent I don’t offer them at all. They said if I wanted to sell their ACA plans that I couldn’t write any other biz including Medicare.
No thanks.

At our office (Florida Blue) we have quite a few agents that we have referral relationships with, just have to get with a reputable one. It's a way you can sell it if you have to but keep all your contracts.

Back