Selling Health Insurance to business in New York...

GoingIndy

Expert
Hey folks,

It looks like I will be leaning towards getting away from the P&C for a little while and venturing into a new type of insurance for me... health.

Does anyone have any advice, tips or general information on what it's like selling health insurance to businesses in New York? Mainly Long Island is where I'm going to start at least.

Thanks in advance.

When I was there in 1987-89 there were no health insurors really except Empire Blue Cross and Mutual of Omaha, and then Mutual got out of it leaving one main company and it was BCBS. Now, 20 years later, it may be different now where they have more companies selling health. I am talking individual markets, groups may be different. NY always had strict laws, Some people would try and go get a PO Box in Connecticut and buy health ins there and say they lived there.

It may be easier to make money in other states, NY is puckered up fairly tight on the regulations. Why not try life insurance? Disability ins? Sounds like somebody is recruiting you and telling you you can make 6 figures, blah blah. Yes, you can make 6 figures selling health, but it's harder to do in NY.

Back