Selling in a Section 8-low Income Building

SomeDude99

Expert
CT
So, I know someone who runs a low-income, section 8 apartment building. They have granted me the unique opportunity of putting on a presentation to sell FE. I believe its 6 or 7 floors so it's a good amount of residents. I would put on a presentation in the community room.

Has anyone ever done this? I think my biggest hurdle will be in actually getting people to show up. Any advice on this? Should I put on a raffle? The residents are just looking for low cost insurance to pay for burial and not leave the burden to loved ones.

So, I know someone who runs a low-income, section 8 apartment building. They have granted me the unique opportunity of putting on a presentation to sell FE. I believe its 6 or 7 floors so it's a good amount of residents. I would put on a presentation in the community room.

Has anyone ever done this? I think my biggest hurdle will be in actually getting people to show up. Any advice on this? Should I put on a raffle? The residents are just looking for low cost insurance to pay for burial and not leave the burden to loved ones.

We have always played a couple games of bingo with prizes. Little stuff like hand soap, little flash lights, snacks ECT. Have lots of winners or for prizes. We may spend between 50-100 in gifts. Make it fun and pitch them to sign up for a free quote or policy review at the end. Biggest thing is to seem like your there to help them if they need it. Not a sleazy sales guy

The section 8 is no big deal. Sounds like a great opportunity to me. I would be all over it.

When I do those I just do my normal presentation to a group as though I was presenting one on one. My presentation is designed to educate anyway.

Definitely being door prizes. Most of the people that do those give a $15 gift card or something like that.

I like to be different. I take 3 gift cards. A $25, a $15 and a $10. Costs $50. They love Walmart. But anywhere they might actually use it is fine. Gas cards don't go over well.

I would do one every week if I had the chance.

Definitely go in the educational. Explain that there are a lot of policies that expire before they will, have waiting periods etc.

I would have some kind of slip they fill out to enter the game. Don't play bingo. Everyone plays bingo with them.

On the slip have them request:

-Free Policy Review

-Rx Discount Card

-Dental/Vision Discount card

-I would like more information about Final Expense Programs

You can order up to 1000 GoodRx discount cards for free from here.

https://www.goodrx.com/doctors

I spoke to GoodRx, they say it's ok if you're not a doctor lol. But it comes in a huge box. It has card holders and displays to set up in a doctor office.

You'll get a lot more leads this way and then you'll have more opportunities to look at what insurance they already have.

Definitely go in the educational. Explain that there are a lot of policies that expire before they will, have waiting periods etc.

I would have some kind of slip they fill out to enter the game. Don't play bingo. Everyone plays bingo with them.

On the slip have them request:

-Free Policy Review

-Rx Discount Card

-Dental/Vision Discount card

-I would like more information about Final Expense Programs

You can order up to 1000 GoodRx discount cards for free from here.

https://www.goodrx.com/doctors

I spoke to GoodRx, they say it's ok if you're not a doctor lol. But it comes in a huge box. It has card holders and displays to set up in a doctor office.

You'll get a lot more leads this way and then you'll have more opportunities to look at what insurance they already have.

How does the Rx discount give you more leads if you're collecting a slip from everybody? Why not just leave that part out?

How does the Rx discount give you more leads if you're collecting a slip from everybody? Why not just leave that part out?

The slip with the checkmark boxes are for them requesting more information so now you have a reason to set an appointment with them.

The slip with the checkmark boxes are for them requesting more information so now you have a reason to set an appointment with them.

So if they check only the box for the Rx card how do you explain the purpose of the appointment? Wouldn't they just want you to give them the card at the group presentation?

So if they check only the box for the Rx card how do you explain the purpose of the appointment? Wouldn't they just want you to give them the card at the group presentation?

How are you going to transition to "well while I'm here let's just make sure your life insurance is in order.." if you already gave them the card???

How are you going to transition to "well while I'm here let's just make sure your life insurance is in order.." if you already gave them the card???

That was my point. It just seems awkward to set an appointment to give someone something. I'd feel funny making an appointment for someone to come over and give me a discount card. So how do explain the purpose of the appointment?

That was my point. It just seems awkward to set an appointment to give someone something. I'd feel funny making an appointment for someone to come over and give me a discount card. So how do explain the purpose of the appointment?

It's just an option on the slip of paper. I've never had anyone just check the Rx card. As we present ourselves as advisors, I can still talk about medicare, FE, dental/vision/Rx with whoever I meet with.

Back