SELLING INSURANCE ONLINE

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Any of you sell insurance policies online?? I actually had a brief career in web design and was thinking of implementing this.

What companies allow you to sell policies online??

Anyone with experience or feedback on this would be appreciated!

joshril said:
Any of you sell insurance policies online??

yes.......thats all I do now days.......health insurance on line.....and there are a 100 ways to do it.....

I rarely meet clients face to face. Most of what I do is by phone, email and electronic apps. Even when a paper app is required, I email it to the client and have them fax it back to me.

Paul Simon said there must be 50 ways to leave your lover. Scott tells us there are 100 ways to sell online.

C'mon Scott, share your wisdom.

somarco said:
Paul Simon said there must be 50 ways to leave your lover. Scott tells us there are 100 ways to sell online.
C'mon Scott, share your wisdom.

I have a client forwarding me all the email proposals he has recieved and see if I can post some...

Selling Online

What carriers allow you to sell over the phone, online, fax, or email?? I thought most carriers required your sales to be in person...

Also, what kind of average AP do you all do "not in person" on a monthly basis?

Re: Selling Online

joshril said:
What carriers allow you to sell over the phone, online, fax, or email?? I thought most carriers required your sales to be in person...

who are you working for......

Insurance Online

Well, I'm currently in the process of getting appointed and becoming independent so I'm looking for quality companies to appoint with... I would definately like to do some online selling

You need to be highly skilled not only in product knowledge but also sales skills to successfully sell online. If is was as easy of getting some leads and selling online agents all over the country would be batting it out of the park. Instead, almost every independent agent I've known is out of the business and other agents I know are living check to check. What most people hit is the dreaded "Can you call me tomorrow?" and then it's phone tag for the next week.

Closing deals online is a delicate process. While you cannot push them into the decision too soon, you also have to be stong enough to actually close the deal without letting it drag on. It also requires extremely good organizational and follow-up skills.

If you're new in this business you should be meeting with your clients.

Selling Online

No offense, but I was asking for advice on how you all have sold online... I may not have been in the business as long as some of you, but I have been very successful during my last 6 years in the business as a captive rep. I have excellent organizational skills and I'm very knowledgeable about product.

So please, no "why I can'ts"... what I'm looking for is "what you all have done to make you successful" and what carriers you use.

The thing is, if I'm CEO of XYZ insurance I'm looking at this saying "We can bring people in here for 25K and a small bonus program and have them do this from cubicles. Hell with paying agents 100K+."

Back