Selling Life Insurance in Florida

I'm getting a Master's Degree (Economics) in December.

Would it be inappropriate/misrepresentation to put M.S. after my name on mailers, business cards, etc...?

I'm getting a Master's Degree (Economics) in December.

Would it be inappropriate/misrepresentation to put M.S. after my name on mailers, business cards, etc...?

For the most part you will be the only one who knows what that means. It is not going to help you sell insurance, in my opinion.

However, I would not put it on a card and definitely not until I have earned the degree. Many agents on here have advanced degrees and I don't know any who put them on the insurance business card. Many use the designations specific to insurance but even a lot of them don't use them.

Email me at [email protected]. I have a guy who can get you into Final Expense Companies (Basically, insurance for Seniors). He can lead you into the right direction.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The more professional the better. Clients feel you know your products when they see education initials behind your name. A PLUS.

Last edited:
Will do! But first, what is an upline?

An upline (such as myself) is a GA or FMO that can get you contracted/appointed with with multiple carriers. Your upline would/should be able to give you any support you need to get off the ground. If you need help with choosing carriers, the sales process, quoting or finding the right carrier for a particular client, you would call your upline.

Last edited:
Thank you guys! I can't tell you how helpful this has been--and again, to those who have PM'd me, I appreciate it. I just cannot reply yet because I don't have a high enough post count.

Thank you guys! I can't tell you how helpful this has been--and again, to those who have PM'd me, I appreciate it. I just cannot reply yet because I don't have a high enough post count.

Instead of clicking on PM, try clicking on "e-mail". Many of us are setup to receive e-mail from those who don't have enough posts to PM.

Back