Selling Life Insurance Out Of State

smartweb2000

Expert
Hi I am a newbie

I just started selling life insurance in the last month. I just got a lead to sell in Michigan. I am in Minnesota.
The prospect is ready to roll. I already check it out and I can be license in Michigan right away.

The question is this:

I can take the application over the phone but how do I get the client to sign the docs and deliver it if they are in Michigan and I am in MN?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kay:GEEK:

So can I take the apps over the phone and fax to them to sign and then they can fax to me.

Depends on the carrier you use. Ask them.

Many times I email an app to them, they print and fill it out. They then email, fax or mail it to me. I always ask them to mail the wet signature to me. I keep that and the envelope in the file.

Some companies have an online app you can do. Such as Assurity. Others like protective/west coast or Pru allow a faxed short app. Also some organizations have online systems like Crump's Life Solutions which have around 8 different companies you can do online. Again ask the company or your GA.

Lee

Another option would be to fill out the app and upload it to the paramed to get the signatures during the exam. Cons of this approach is that the paramed forgets the application...

On any out of state app I write I always get as much info as possible, fill out the app and email or mail it to them. I always advise my cleint to leave off the ss no and banking info (this is assuming that I do not know them personally) I then have the ins co call them for this info (they are most willing to do this, i've never had a problem) you need to make sure you have a valid license first before. (Mich is easy and cheap to get, it can be done on line) I would be happy to assist you just call 630-287-1853 or email me dan at interstateinsurancebrokers dot com. good luck! Dan

Hi I am a newbie

I just started selling life insurance in the last month. I just got a lead to sell in Michigan. I am in Minnesota.
The prospect is ready to roll. I already check it out and I can be license in Michigan right away.

The question is this:

I can take the application over the phone but how do I get the client to sign the docs and deliver it if they are in Michigan and I am in MN?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Find an experienced Michigan licensed agent and offer to split this case with him. Have him copy you you on everything so that you will know how to proceed next time.

Back