Selling Med-Supps During AEP Multiple States

Hey Chris, I was initially wanting input from as many people that were willing to share.

I understand the interest spikes because of carrier marketing, but tons of activity doesn't always equal applications. I guess my main question was, what is it that makes them switch supplements? My main thought was price.

but tons of activity doesn't always equal applications. I guess my main question was, what is it that makes them switch supplements? My main thought was price.

Yes, tons of activity DOES, absolutely, equal tons of applications.
Any time someone's been on a Med Supp for two years or more, there is always an opportunity to save money by shopping plans for them.

1) They probably have not heard from their initial writing agent; they're mad.
2) They are curious about saving money and shopping the market
3) If their health is satisfactory, a large majority WILL change when there is an opportunity.

Thanks Chris, that's great insight! Since our history is more in the MA space we see a tremendous amount of leads and call ins during AEP, but there are tons of window shoppers that only change if benefits are MUCH richer or they have network issues. So clearly I can see the difference on the supplement side now.

Thanks Chris, that's great insight! Since our history is more in the MA space we see a tremendous amount of leads and call ins during AEP, but there are tons of window shoppers that only change if benefits are MUCH richer or they have network issues. So clearly I can see the difference on the supplement side now.

And as you might guess, I would strongly suggest shifting more to an on-purpose Medicare Supplement focus. With thousands of clients, on-going support needs/problems are nil. Meanwhile, my friends back in Florida that focused on MAPD in their back yard have to freaking SCRAMBLE every AEP, just trying to keep their existing book vs. being able to take on more clients.

Totally different lifestyle, I assure you. I never get calls about networks, co-pay problems, PCP changes, etc. None. Phone only rings with referrals and leads. Staff is in place to catch incoming calls and re-write old clients vs having to staff up just to handle customer service problems with MAPD and super-scramble to move significant blocks during AEP.

CW

I'm told getting contracted with AARP for there med supps is a good idea for higher risk clients, what do you guys think? I'm told comp is lower obviously and I would have to snail mail paper app's which we don't ever do now with any companies.

Makes sense now..

What about New York, were getting leads there but my life insurance mind thinks of fewer companies and heavy regulations, but I am seeing MOO and Aetna quote there, not sure on competition there like other states.

NY there is not much choice for price for Supp, I uselessly sell AARP plan N there, No other company is in the ballpark,Except UA HI Deduct F,Which I don't consider

Also in NY there is no medical underwriting which is why no one else is competitive

NY there is not much choice for price for Supp, I uselessly sell AARP plan N there, No other company is in the ballpark,Except UA HI Deduct F,Which I don't consider

Also in NY there is no medical underwriting which is why no one else is competitive

That's what I was thinking after I researched a bit more.

Back