Selling Med-Supps During AEP Multiple States

I'm told getting contracted with AARP for there med supps is a good idea for higher risk clients, what do you guys think? I'm told comp is lower obviously and I would have to snail mail paper app's which we don't ever do now with any companies.

If you sell in Fl. and and want to be a geezer pleaser how can you not be contracted with AARP/UHC ? they have the lowest rates and most stable premiums in Fl. and i think that is what most seniors are looking for help with from their medicare health plan agent.. that and help with part D

If you sell in Fl. and and want to be a geezer pleaser how can you not be contracted with AARP/UHC ? they have the lowest rates and most stable premiums in Fl. and i think that is what most seniors are looking for help with from their medicare health plan agent.. that and help with part D

I find in FL and NY most seniors that start the conversation about hating AARP and what they represent will ultimately buy A AARP plan weather its with me or another agent.

I find in FL and NY most seniors that start the conversation about hating AARP and what they represent will ultimately buy A AARP plan weather its with me or another agent.

During the last 8 years and many med supps sold I can count on one hand the the number of prospects who have chosen a higher premium med supp over the AARP/UHC med supp strictly because they didn't like AARP.yes some will gripe about AARP political leanings a bit but the funny thing is most of them are already members of AARP!

And as you might guess, I would strongly suggest shifting more to an on-purpose Medicare Supplement focus. With thousands of clients, on-going support needs/problems are nil. Meanwhile, my friends back in Florida that focused on MAPD in their back yard have to freaking SCRAMBLE every AEP, just trying to keep their existing book vs. being able to take on more clients.

Totally different lifestyle, I assure you. I never get calls about networks, co-pay problems, PCP changes, etc. None. Phone only rings with referrals and leads. Staff is in place to catch incoming calls and re-write old clients vs having to staff up just to handle customer service problems with MAPD and super-scramble to move significant blocks during AEP.

CW

Chris, considering the high volume that comes during AEP, do you have someone, agent or staff that does your phone interviews with companies like Aetna to help free up your selling time?

Chris, considering the high volume that comes during AEP, do you have someone, agent or staff that does your phone interviews with companies like Aetna to help free up your selling time?

The company does not need me nor my staff to do the phone interviews. We have far too many things to do.

Last edited:
We don't do the voice signature with Aetna. I think I'm #8 with Aetna in production right now in the country and, I believe I've used their voice signature once.

Aetna E-App Demonstration - MedicareAgentTraining.com

Thanks Chris, Great video. I was thinking more in terms of the fully underwritten apps, do you stay on the phone for the POS process/health part of the interview or just let Aetna call them?

Thanks Chris, Great video. I was thinking more in terms of the fully underwritten apps, do you stay on the phone for the POS process/health part of the interview or just let Aetna call them?

Yeah, like I said, we are not on the phone with them with any carrier. There's no need to be. If it is a very weak sale, as I've heard agents say, they want to stay on the phone to make sure it goes smoothly. If they're prepared for the interview and know what to expect, we don't have problems and let the carrier do it on their schedule.

Yeah, like I said, we are not on the phone with them with any carrier. There's no need to be. If it is a very weak sale, as I've heard agents say, they want to stay on the phone to make sure it goes smoothly. If they're prepared for the interview and know what to expect, we don't have problems and let the carrier do it on their schedule.

Thanks man. Just trying to streamline, we've noticed if an agent writes 5 apps in a day and they are underwritten its taking quit a bit of time staying on for the POS, we just wanted to be sure the clients don't mess up what they say on health questions.

Latest posts

Back