Selling Medicare advantage by Telephone.

Mar 13, 2018

1. bpenn9

bpenn9 Guru

State:
    Utah
    Usually, a browser issue when trying to pull the Drs in. Doesn't work on chrome, works with Explorer.

bpenn9, Mar 14, 2018
  2. ubuntu5319

ubuntu5319 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I am trying to find the right dialer to use. As I have stated earlier, I am working through an FMO who does have a platform for eAPPS and MAPD's but you have to email SOA and completed app to client to sign. I would prefer the verbal approval and recording. My FMO don't offer recordings.

3. FRJ

FRJ Super Genius

State:
    Illinois
    The Humana issue with the doctor pop up is a browser-based problem. The workaround is to open Internet Explorer when you want to do a Humana app where you need to select a doctor. Assuming Windows OS, click on search button and type in Internet Explorer - should get a link to open that browser (which is NOT the same as MS Edge).

FRJ, Mar 14, 2018
  4. justsayinisall

justsayinisall Super Genius

State:
    Florida
    SalesDialers.com

5. midwestbroker

midwestbroker Guru

State:
    Missouri
    Selling MA and Part D over the phone is a compliance nightmare. I am friends with 2 compliance officers for major call centers and they are constantly bombarded with regs and other issues. Scripts have to be read verbatim, they are long and boring (they require a whole host of disclaimers), and getting them approved is no easy process.

As mentioned, if you have permission to contact a prospect by phone for MA or Part D, you can do the presentation over the phone, mail them a kit, and have them return it. Some carriers have consumer-facing sites they can enroll themselves and put in your broker ID for a commission.

6. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    Yep. I’ve done that dozens of times. Can’t get it to work anymore.

Chazm, Mar 14, 2018
  7. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    Your FMO is not the issue. You’re not getting a verbal approval. Welcome to Indy agent life.

Chazm, Mar 14, 2018
  8. ubuntu5319

ubuntu5319 New Member

State:
    Florida
    With all due respect, I don't think you really understand how the process for MAPD's by telephone works. It has nothing to do with any FMO. Per CMS compliance, everything must be recorded and you must use a pre-approved pitch. The client will verbally state that they authorize the application (e-signature)and you will then submit it without having to send it first to the client. You can still email the SOA.

9. FRJ

FRJ Super Genius

State:
    Illinois
    That sucks...
    If it used to work, try Tools (menu) - Internet Options - Advanced (tab) - hit the Reset button there. Good luck, I'm out of ideas :-)

FRJ, Mar 15, 2018
  10. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Not exactly. You don't need to record nor do you need a voice signature. That requirement is only for call centers.

However, I shy away from doing any MA plans over the phone because it become "he said, she said."

So with all due respect, may you don't really understand the process.

Rick