Selling Medicare advantage by Telephone.

With all due respect, I don't think you really understand how the process for MAPD's by telephone works. It has nothing to do with any FMO. Per CMS compliance, everything must be recorded and you must use a pre-approved pitch. The client will verbally state that they authorize the application (e-signature)and you will then submit it without having to send it first to the client. You can still email the SOA.

That’s why I said his FMO isn’t the issue.

you HAVE to do the e-app in Explorer!

Carriers can be so behind the curve when it comes to technology.

Chrome is the most popular browser followed by Firefox. Explorer and Safari are way down the list.

If they hired decent programmers their clients would not have compatibility problems.
sounds like a pop-up problem

Could also be ad blocker.

I have that issue with a few sites. Have to turn the blocker off or whitelist the site to access it.

Carriers can be so behind the curve when it comes to technology.

Chrome is the most popular browser followed by Firefox. Explorer and Safari are way down the list.

If they hired decent programmers their clients would not have compatibility problems.

Could also be ad blocker.

I have that issue with a few sites. Have to turn the blocker off or whitelist the site to access it.

Humana if its hmo it must be done IE as the section to add doctor does not work on google chrome nor Microsoft edge

I cant understand why such a big company is not compatible

Yep. I’ve done that dozens of times. Can’t get it to work anymore.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but the issue I had with it was the difference between Microsoft "edge" and "Internet Explorer" - both have similar logos and I thought I was using Explorer but I was really using Edge. Once I used true explorer it worked - can't remember if I had to do anything else (something tells me I had to do one more step... compatibility mode or something?). Anyway, I eventually got it up and running which is nice for Humana MAPD.

Now that I have a Mac it's extra annoying though. I have to boot up the old laptop anytime someone wants Humana's mapd... I really wish Humana would just fix it so we can use Chrome.

I sell select MA's and PDP online all the time completely paperless. Applications go direct to CMS and yes I am the agent of record and am paid according from the carrier.
Hi Packerland, I would really like to speak to you. Are you working through an FMO? The best I can get as an INDY is: Email SOA for sig. Fill out app and email to client for sig. I really would appreciate a call when you have the time. 954-317-3466 or email me at [email protected].

With all due respect, I don't think you really understand how the process for MAPD's by telephone works. It has nothing to do with any FMO. Per CMS compliance, everything must be recorded and you must use a pre-approved pitch. The client will verbally state that they authorize the application (e-signature)and you will then submit it without having to send it first to the client. You can still email the SOA.

Operating a call center is an entirely different ball of wax from being an independent agent
who markets and sells MAPD plans. It sounds like you want to help people enroll into
Med Supp, MAPD or Part D plans. The easiest way to do this is to mail the prospect information and have them call you. Ask them to sign a scope and email,fax or mail it in.

Ritter offers its agents medicareful.com where consumers can enroll online and it also
grabs the scope.

Cheers

Back