Selling Medicare Advantage in New Jersey

umcorp.pjackson

Hello,
I am a new agent and I have chosen to concentrate on the senior health market. I have recently applied for my license in New Jersey, because I have relatives there and would like to introduce some of my friends to my products. I just learned that my GA and FMO are not doing business in NJ.Can I sign with another FMO to market the same products in NJ that I am selling here in Georgia? If so how can I locate them?
I need this information fairly quickly since I am going in July.
Thanks

Hello,
I am a new agent and I have chosen to concentrate on the senior health market. I have recently applied for my license in New Jersey, because I have relatives there and would like to introduce some of my friends to my products. I just learned that my GA and FMO are not doing business in NJ.Can I sign with another FMO to market the same products in NJ that I am selling here in Georgia? If so how can I locate them?
I need this information fairly quickly since I am going in July.
Thanks

I dont know of any Medicare Advantage carrier that will give you more than one agent number. So if your FMO is not in the state, you cannot write business there.

A simple fix would get your FMO to get licensed there...

Would it require a new writing number? I was thinking that the insurance carrier(Evercare) United health care would allow me to use the same number just adding my new state license under the FMO licensed in NJ. Do you think that the insurer or the FMO would have a problem with that?

You cannot write business in a state that your FMO is not licensed in, and you cannot get appointed under another FMO unless you get a release.

Which MA plan allows you to sign them over the phone from another state? Most require face to face to leave the appropriate materials to stay in CMS compliance. I know American National supplements can be done that way.

Latest posts

Back