Selling Medicare/FE Via Phone

Belittling you? What part of "If you are satisfied with 1 referral a week.....then that's great! Congratulations!" is challenging your comprehension??

If you don't understand my last post, then there's no point in moving forward with you. Nowhere did I say I only get 1 referral per week.

But if it makes you feel better to be condescending, then by all means keep doing it.

If you don't understand my last post, then there's no point in moving forward with you. Nowhere did I say I only get 1 referral per week.

But if it makes you feel better to be condescending, then by all means keep doing it.

And nowhere did I say "you only get 1 referral per week"

MAKE NO MISTAKE.....I DO UNDERSTAND......Have a great day! ;)

This Guy is obviously here for no other reason but to be a disruption, Can the mods maybe take him off?

I don't have 38 years, but did just hit my 27th year. I've done door knocking, direct mail, Internet leads and plenty of f2f meetings. For the last decade I've done 90%+ of my business over the phone and I can say with 100% certainty that my experience is that selling over the phone is 10x better. And rarely does a week go by that I don't get at least one unsolicited referral. As a matter of fact, I work by referral only.

Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it can't be VERY effective for others. It really isn't difficult to build a great rapport with people over the phone.

I have a different take on this ^^....

I dont know about yall, but Id love to get to a point where I only needed 1 referral a week to be pleasantly comfortable....thats a goal! Even if Scott meant he ONLY gets 1 referral a week. Assuming he has 1000+ clients, at $20/mo renewals for ea, thats 20k/mo.

If all he does (and Im not saying he does this) is replace the clients who leave/dies every yr with 52 referrals, and keeps his 1000 client base....what else does he need? 99% of agents would kill to be in that position, inc me, cause I have other goals in life besides work my ass off selling Medicare, so if Im lucky enough to reach 1000 clients, im living off referrals & AEP the rest of my life...so good for you Scott!

I dont know about yall, but Id love to get to a point where I only needed 1 referral a week to be pleasantly comfortable....thats a goal! Even if Scott meant he ONLY gets 1 referral a week. Assuming he has 1000+ clients, at $20/mo renewals for ea, thats 20k/mo.

If all he does (and Im not saying he does this) is replace the clients who leave/dies every yr with 52 referrals, and keeps his 1000 client base....what else does he need? 99% of agents would kill to be in that position, inc me, cause I have other goals in life besides work my ass off selling Medicare, so if Im lucky enough to reach 1000 clients, im living off referrals & AEP the rest of my life...so good for you Scott!

THIS. Exactly.

(I just need to get to the 1K client base)

And nowhere did I say "you only get 1 referral per week"

MAKE NO MISTAKE.....I DO UNDERSTAND......Have a great day! ;)

We all know what you implied.

----------

I'm not quite to 1,000, but I'm getting there. If I'd get off my butt and really go after it, I might could have it by the end of this year or next year at the latest. But I must admit that I've gotten lazy. And I still do some investment advising so that takes up some of my time. And those sales require face to face time. Just closed a $150k annuity this past Monday and have another referral who I have a second meeting with on Friday to give my recommendations. They have right at $300k that we'll be doing something with. This will likely result in some managed money and maybe a fixed annuity as they want a portion of their money to have guarantees.

And for what it's worth, my average Med Supp commission is currently $28.08 per month. But when you factor in the renewals for MAPD, it does bring down my average monthly commission per person for my Medicare book of business. Luckily I'm in the neighborhood of 75/25 (give or take 5 percent either way) for Med Supp to MAPD. So it doesn't drop it a ton. Maybe down to the $25 per month range when all is combined. But then if you add in the PDP, it might take it back up a dollar or two.

But hey, none of us will ever be as successful as that other guy. And I'm glad I've been told that the way I've been selling Med Supps for the last decade is the wrong way to do it and not nearly as effective as the "other" way.

Prior to selling Med Supps I was a f2f guy. That's the way I had always sold and quite honestly didn't think selling by phone was a good way to do business. Then I started buying some internet leads for Med Supp and many of them were 2+ hours away from me and I wasn't about to drive that far for a few hundred dollars. So I would complete the app over the phone and mail it to them for signatures. Worked like a charm. Now we have e-apps and it's even easier. My people love me because I do what's right for them and stay in touch. Just had a client email me and say "everyone should have a Scott". I guess I've been doing it all wrong and will go back to sitting in a car multiple hours per day. :no:

Back