Selling Medicare/FE Via Phone

I have a feeling that you are the one who everyone thinks is a "poor soul". You can have the last word though. I likely won't see it since you will be blocked as soon as I submit this post.

----------

How cool is that? As soon as you put the dbag on ignore, all his posts disappear.

Remember....you are the one spewing insults.

Truth be known, I also owned 2 restaurants and a hardware franchise as well. Thanks, and you have a blessed day as well. All were successful when sold I might add.

Well that's fabulous.

I must admit I'm intrigued as human behavior fascinates me. After all those successful years, and what appears to be a month left before retiring (I'm assuming that's what you meant by the date in June, forgive me if I'm wrong), that you choose to come on here and act like this.

I plan on retiring (semi, I'll always keep busy) in less than 5 years at age 49, and you guys will be lucky if I send so much as an emoticon, let alone see me post little insecure remarks telling you all how much I make. It makes me wonder what's missing in your life.

You stated that technology is hurting the industry and is not the most successful way. Based on your previous posts it appears you're not even in the Senior industry, you handle groups and work with employers. Looks like we're talking about two entirely different things here. BTW it's that same technology that allows me to "set it and forget it" and retire early. I actually could walk away now if I really wanted to. Believe me, it works splendidly and it IS the best way. Why?

Because NO ONE wants more money on their death bed. They all want more TIME. Flying around and meeting people face to face robs me of my precious time. Technology allows one to make a substantial income, AND have my freedom.

Nonetheless if what you're saying is true you've had a great business run, and that's to be applauded. I hope you find peace.

Well that's fabulous.

I must admit I'm intrigued as human behavior fascinates me. After all those successful years, and what appears to be a month left before retiring (I'm assuming that's what you meant by the date in June, forgive me if I'm wrong), that you choose to come on here and act like this.

I plan on retiring (semi, I'll always keep busy) in less than 5 years at age 49, and you guys will be lucky if I send so much as an emoticon, let alone see me post little insecure remarks telling you all how much I make. It makes me wonder what's missing in your life.

You stated that technology is hurting the industry and is not the most successful way. Based on your previous posts it appears you're not even in the Senior industry, you handle groups and work with employers. Looks like we're talking about two entirely different things here. BTW it's that same technology that allows me to "set it and forget it" and retire early. I actually could walk away now if I really wanted to. Believe me, it works splendidly and it IS the best way. Why?

Because NO ONE wants more money on their death bed. They all want more TIME. Flying around and meeting people face to face robs me of my precious time. Technology allows one to make a substantial income, AND have my freedom.

Nonetheless if what you're saying is true you've had a great business run, and that's to be applauded. I hope you find peace.

I'll admit that early on I was motivated solely by money and providing a nice rewarding life for my family (mission accomplished) but in the past 20 years (after all children graduated from college and started their own careers) I've been motivated almost solely by the challenge of success....I actually enjoy working. My newest endeavor as a consultant with a startup company may well turn out to be my most rewarding both personally and financially.......and it will have a potentially huge effect on the health insurance industry.

This week and next I'm officially on vacation....back for 2 weeks and then 2 more weeks of vacation before the last week of goodbyes.

And since you finally asked, I spent those years giving group seminars at conventions and symposiums......typically 25-30 per year.

BTW....I'd never tell someone how much money I make.....that's my business. Best of luck to you as well. :)

----------

And for the record, my comment regarding "technology hurting the industry" is true. It shouldn't be difficult to imagine insurance companies (not agencies) getting thousands of complaints "DAILY" from folks getting spammed by agents. Email and unsolicited phone calls.....a good portion to those who are enen on the U.S. No Call Lists.....they don't care. Many are downright rude and abusive. Complaints to insurance companies far out number the totals of solar, energy, home security, etc.....combined.

Correct. My income is high enough from all the policies I've written by using the telephone that I have time to post.

But I think I'll start trying to sell supps in Los Angeles where the MA penetration is 50% because you have convinced me that's the best way to be successful. k

What's the best time of day to go door knocking?

Rick

After the sun goes down

WELLLLLL as so often happens--we are way way way off course here

I am still no closer to understanding this

I am contracted with several MAPD/Supp carriers and several FE carriers

I have Life/Health in several states

WHAT do I need to do to do more business over the phone?

Is there a difference in the carriers?

The lead vendors?

The IMOs?

Im kinda sieving through the comments and getting some help but....can we be more specific.

And YES I am that dumb.

I don't do med supp at all but I do Fe solely over the phone. As far as carriers go you are limited since not all carriers support a telesales platform lbl, Baltimore, foresters, rna, kemper, Gerber, ngl UHL, americo, and amam all have products that Support the platform their may be others but I don't use them or don't know about them. For Fe you'll need alot of fresh leads every day, or a system to generate them like what gymguy has, and I would recommend a dialer. As far as Imos go find one that has a telesales division efes has a division called CSB Ryan Caras runs it but it can be done with any IMO that can offer contracts for the carriers I mentioned. Outside of all that you need to be willing to sit on the phone for 6 to 7 hrs a day talk time and youll be good to go. Be ready for the same ole lines I have insurance I didn't request this and I'm not interested since they still exist in telesales as well.

Back