Selling Medicare Supplement Insurance

LouisianaGirl

I work for an Auto Ins. Co. in Louisiana which is a full time job with benefits and I recently signed up to work part time for a company selling medicare supplements, annunities, etc. I would like to sell medicare supplement ins. full time but this company doesn't provide benefits. Does any know of a medicare supp. company in La. that provides health ins. for employees.

Thanks in advance

I work for an Auto Ins. Co. in Louisiana which is a full time job with benefits and I recently signed up to work part time for a company selling medicare supplements, annunities, etc. I would like to sell medicare supplement ins. full time but this company doesn't provide benefits. Does any know of a medicare supp. company in La. that provides health ins. for employees.

Thanks in advance

I very much doubt any would.

Thanks in advance

If you are not uninsurable, you can get your own health insurance policy.

Thanks for the replies...I am insurable but individual policies are expensive and the minute you file a claim the premium goes way up....if anyone hears of a medicare supp. co. that does offer employees some type of group benefits, I would appreciate you letting me know. You would think an INSURANCE CO would realize how important this is and have some type of benefit package in place.

By the way, I'm interested in how everyone's doing selling medicae supplements. I will be my own boss and work for commission only...it's a little scary but I think the market is huge. The co. will provide the leads & I just make the calls and sell. I'm being told I can make substantially more money than I do now at my job now but my job pays well and I have great benefits.....guess I'm looking for encouragement!!!

Thanks for the replies...I am insurable but individual policies are expensive and the minute you file a claim the premium goes way up....if anyone hears of a medicare supp. co. that does offer employees some type of group benefits, I would appreciate you letting me know. You would think an INSURANCE CO would realize how important this is and have some type of benefit package in place.

By the way, I'm interested in how everyone's doing selling medicae supplements. I will be my own boss and work for commission only...it's a little scary but I think the market is huge. The co. will provide the leads & I just make the calls and sell. I'm being told I can make substantially more money than I do now at my job now but my job pays well and I have great benefits.....guess I'm looking for encouragement!!!

A. You need to read and learn health insurance regulations. You have some errors in your thinking and saying such in a professional/sales situation can be construed as illegal sales practices.
B. Most of us are not employees of any company other than our own. We usually do the responsible thing and buy our own coverage. The wife and I, both agents, pay for our own HSA qualified plans and have for years.
C. If you want to "be taken care of" with leads and benefits, don't expect to make the real money and don't expect to "own" the book of business. All of that "care" cost you big time. Basically what you'd be doing is building a income stream and client base for someone else and when you finally leave or get ran off... they own it.
D. You better read the contract you're under now. I bet you assigned commissions, right? Now, read the vesting clauses.

We call those lessons tuition to being independent.

Back