Selling on Sundays and Holidays

beatuplunchbox

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
NC
Being this is a holiday weekend, how do you all feel about selling insurance over holidays and weekends? (especially Sundays) Do you find that you annoy people much more by doing this? Do you get into contact with more people? Are those that you get into contact with more receptive? Is there a lot less competition over the weekend or over holidays?

Being this is a holiday weekend, how do you all feel about selling insurance over holidays and weekends? (especially Sundays) Do you find that you annoy people much more by doing this? Do you get into contact with more people? Are those that you get into contact with more receptive? Is there a lot less competition over the weekend or over holidays?

Saturday's are sometimes good times to catch the boss in the office catching up on paperwork. If you catch them in this situation they are usually much more relaxed then through the week.

I think it depends on the holiday, like a "Monday off" holiday, absolutely, but Easter, Christmas, etc, the biggies, I haven't, although Christmas eve (during the day) has always been good.

I rarely do any work on Sunday anyway.

In 29 years in the business, I have never called anybody on a Sunday or Holiday.

You know, many veteran producers have found that if they are open to some "new thinking", it will pick up their production...;)

My first manager in the biz (w/Pru) had a theory that the best time to call was on Sunday after the football game, because "everybody was home".

Of course on most days he was only sober 'til about one in the afternoon...

Never did try it.

Back