Selling on Web question?

It's just that most people now don't want to set time for a face-to-face appointment. I try to schedule appointments, but most of the time the prospects don't show up.

Quick question: Is handling clients from California significantly different than handling those from other states? I wonder if there are different rules, regulations, higher expenses, etc. with the CA market.

Is handling clients from California significantly different than handling those from other states?

I find that it helps to know something about the area. It gives your client a way to connect.

I work all over the state of GA and when working internet leads, it helps to converse with people about things going on in the state. The phone mills are calling all over and have little opportunity to establish a connection. Simply make the pitch & close the deal or move on to the next suspect.

I could work AL since I lived there a few yrs ago and traveled the state. Could also work TN since I grew up there. But I would not know the market as well as I do in GA.

In 2007 we had a new carrier come in and change the market, another revamped products and went from off the radar to a major player. Other carriers made changes as well although not as dramatic. I found out about the new plans because I am connected in a way that I would not be if working other states.

Interesting replies. As a new agent I do not think I am ready for the whole world. My question was really this: The web dosent stay in one state. People in California doing a search may very well come up with my site in Michigan. So how do you handle that.

This forum has been extremely helpful but I think a lot of people, mainly newbys like me, seem to get shall we say smart A_ _ answers to what are legitimate questions we have. What is old hat to those that have been in the business is not to us. Someday I guess we will earn the right to be a smart a _ _ I just hope I'm not.

The short answer is you either get non-rez licensed in many states or if you get leads from other states you could hook up with agents from this board and either give the leads away, sell the lead or commission split. I believe you can look up "thesaleswolf" from this board and he has a program for leads in other states.

Interesting replies. As a new agent I do not think I am ready for the whole world. My question was really this: The web dosent stay in one state. People in California doing a search may very well come up with my site in Michigan. So how do you handle that.

Find a way to help them using google, your network and experience.

This forum has been extremely helpful but I think a lot of people, mainly newbys like me, seem to get shall we say smart A_ _ answers to what are legitimate questions we have. What is old hat to those that have been in the business is not to us. Someday I guess we will earn the right to be a smart a _ _ I just hope I'm not.

They key is to dish it back, ignore it or purchase some testosterone pills. When I first joined this website as a new member Sti and Somarco took it upon themselves to answer many of my questions in a smart-ass manner. Granted, Somarco was probably feeling elated because he finally was able to finagle electricity so he could use his hair dryer and work the mullet, but that is another story.

My question was really this: The web dosent stay in one state. People in California doing a search may very well come up with my site in Michigan. So how do you handle that.

If you are doing paid web advertising (not recommended unless you are experienced and have tons of money to burn), you can do state specific targeting, even local targeting.

Somarco was probably feeling elated because he finally was able to finagle electricity so he could use his hair dryer and work the mullet,

Electricity?

What's that?

I just let it blow dry by riding my Harley without a helmet.

Rdavis85, you should put a disclaimer on the web page stating that the information applies only to residents of (name of state). You can expand that as you add other states.:policeman:

Back