Selling outside of your resident state

We're direct sellers of life insurance so selling multi-state is no different than one state since it's all by phone. For us the promotional cost spread over 50 states is cheaper than just focusing on leads from one or a few states. So I guess this all depends on what market you are in........

I'm considering spending some time out of my resident state simply for better commissions. I would never spend any significant time simply for the reason of cross-selling and referrals, but I'm going to drop a line and see if anything bites.

JRoot, I'm curious because I lived in California as a boy. Is there some sort of statutory prohibition against advanced commissions in the Golden State?

No one advances health here in Ca. Although I was talking to a GA who said they were going to offer a 9 month advance for Aetna next month (That will be the first).

The only advances I've ever heard of here are Med Advantage plans.

No one advances health here in Ca. Although I was talking to a GA who said they were going to offer a 9 month advance for Aetna next month (That will be the first).

You can get 9 month advances from PacifiCare/UHC too.

Mega advances.... Oopssss sorry, didn't mean to mention that :)

It's funny, P&C carriers pretty much all advance, health carriers don't. No big deal, since I'm 85% P&C, and have been doing it long enough that lapses don't hurt (to badly) and are made up for by new commissions. Because of this, health being 'as-earned' is extra money to me.

Dan

Back