Selling over the phone

mswebb06

Super Genius
Well apparently sellling life insurance, final expense, med supps over the phone are becoming very popuar. I would be curious if you actually have to go to a "call center" to make your calls or can you get the needed equipment (fax, phone system) and make calls from your house. Also what companies are letting you simply make the sell over the phone without the " in house" visit?

In other words, could someone from Alabama obtain a "non resident" California license and sell over the phone to potential clients in California. This idea is all very new to me.

(Fax, Phone System, etc) ... all you need is a computer and if you can find a list of numbers, a phone dialer is all that is needed. Agents tend to go for the "overkill approach" ...

Look at Touchstar! Predictive Dialer, Call Center Software, On Site and Hosted Call Center Systems, Unified Communications, and VoIP Phone System from TouchStar for such dialing - it works with your computer and high speed internet. Your computer will be your phone and auto-dialing software. AMAZING dialing software!

I recommend MyFax Internet Fax - Online Fax To Email Service - MyFax.com for internet faxing.

Lastly - a Broker! Agents can fail picking the wrong Broker/FMO/IMO (or whatever you want to call them). There are many postings regarding the right broker to place your business through. Here is one, with a seemingly good reputation that may help you out with stuff like "setting you up."
Anyone hear of The Elite Producer Program? - Insurance Agent Forum

To sum this all up - YES ... it is being done a lot and successfully, selling over the phone with a "non resident" license. Check out this thread - trust me, you will get a LOT out of reading this post: Using the internet to Sell...... - Insurance Agent Forum

Last edited:
ONLINEAGENT08;

Just what is it that your marketing over the phone using a recorded message?

In other words, could someone from Alabama obtain a "non resident" California license and sell over the phone to potential clients in California. This idea is all very new to me.

No. Absolutely not. Can't be done. Stay away from California. Works for selling to Hawaii, just not to California.

How is selling over the phone a new idea to you?

Dan

Winter and Expat - if you take a look at all of my other posts throughout all of the threads you will notice that I only reference other threads if it helps support the post that I am responding to. (I do not reference just one posting - which you will soon see).

I have written a lot since I joined this forum and it is a shame for you to try and discount my postings "to help others" with your accusations of me working for Elite Producer - the same entity that I was trying to get feedback on when I first became a poster.

Bottom line folks - somethings are just a coincidence - and that is that. However, I do see your skepticism, and appreciate it as I am sure many people come on here trying to push something to others. With me - that is just not the case.

Back