Selling Pre Need Funeral Plans

timeflies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I was contacted by an agency that works thru funeral homes to sell pre-need funeral plans. Seems much different than selling the small whole life burial policies since the funeral home becomes the beneficiary, but there does seem to be some merit. Do the sales need to go thru the funeral home, or can agents get appointed to sell these thru and IMO?

Both. You are selling the funeral home products, so they set the price. You write the contract with the company that the funeral home prefers.

You can get appointed with the companies direct or thru an IMO.
What is the agency going to do for you?

If you ask them, most independent funeral homes will accept a sale from you (just use their latest price list) but won't get anything in return (except your commission). Finding a funeral home willing to work with you is best because you may get leads or referrals from them or work their aftercare program.

Their focus is running 4 to 5 seminars every year with approximately 30 people attending each one. They said most attendees are very interested in meeting afterwards and the closing ratio is pretty good and that keeps the agent pretty busy most of the year .

Does the kindergarten teacher have to attend the funeral / memorial service? Most likely, she should be present at them, but if she herself wants, no one forces her to go to someone else's funeral. If the teacher herself wanted to go to the funeral, then there is nothing like that, she should be present at the funeral. I advise you to prepare everything for the funeral, otherwise the funeral is not very high quality. No normal headstone, no special inscriptions on these headstones. How can you not indicate on someone's grave about his qualities during life. I advise this site that has companion flat grave markers with vase.

Last edited:
Back