Selling Term Life Online Nationwide

I was looking at setting up a website to sell Term Life nationally. I am not sure if one can do that if one is licensed in one state (NJ in my case).

Do I have to get licensed in every state or is there some else I need to do or is there no special requirement?

you have to be licensed in the states you'd like to operate in. Then you'll have to be sure that your appointments with the companies you represent allow you to sell in those states.

Cadylou - Thank you for the information. I do need to think how many states I should start with. I will try an find a GA/Insurance Cluster who can help get me enrolled with different insurance companies.

moonlightandmargaritas - you are right I might be a + 1 on that big number. But hey .. nothing ventured nothing gained... I feel I have the skill to attract traffic ... to make a guy stick with my pitch and honesty ... hopefully it will work ... if not then I will share what not to do on this forum :)

Cadylou - Thank you for the information. I do need to think how many states I should start with. I will try an find a GA/Insurance Cluster who can help get me enrolled with different insurance companies.

moonlightandmargaritas - you are right I might be a + 1 on that big number. But hey .. nothing ventured nothing gained... I feel I have the skill to attract traffic ... to make a guy stick with my pitch and honesty ... hopefully it will work ... if not then I will share what not to do on this forum :)

Do not try to reinvent the wheel. Seek out Jroot Or Nic at Penny.

I was looking at setting up a website to sell Term Life nationally. I am not sure if one can do that if one is licensed in one state (NJ in my case).

Do I have to get licensed in every state or is there some else I need to do or is there no special requirement?
You will need to have an outlet for additional states you are not licensed in so you can refer to them for a split. This will give you time to get your license for that state. I have two national websites
and I am on the first page of both Bing and Google. If you need any help give me shoot me an email at [email protected] Best Regards, Larry

"You will need to have an outlet for additional states you are not licensed in so you can refer to them for a split. This will give you time to get your license for that state"
This is basically BS as you can use the NIPR (National Insurance Producer Registry) and get your non resident licenses in a heartbeat.
Don't be duped AssureVest.

Steve - Thanks!
I know about NIPR but wasn't sure what is the turnaround time for getting registered as Non Resident for a state. Are some state known to be difficult for a quick turnaround or are most states easy to get?

Back