selling

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
I have been reading about other offers...not just on the forum but in other areas and here is what I have seen in this field.

As insurance agents, we are known to have clients. Because we have clients (or a book of business) we are more prone to MLM and other offers since they understand that we have contacts.

So, we are shown how much money we can make, how easy it is, over ride potential, blah blah blah...

If you want to be successful...then focus on what you are supposed to be focused on. If you are an individual health agent, then sell that. Forget refinancing homes with EIUL's, forget ID theft, etc and sell more insurance.

I am guilty as well. I looked into reverse mortgages...but nothing came of it and I was taking away from my insurance sales.

I am not saying do not cross sell, but only do that after you are a seasoned veteran of what you are doing. That way you are doing so in the nest interest of the client, not your pocket book. It is amazing the business you will write when you are selling without dollar signs in your eyes.

Too many agents look to make money "helping" others with all kinds of other things. Much more often then not, they loose focus, and before you know it they have way too much going on. They are going 5 different directions and cannot figure out why they are going broke. I know of an agent now that is like that. She is a seasoned agent and is trying to make money every which way. She is not selling anything.

So, if you want to be a success...pick your line of insurance. Master it. Sell it and sell it ethically. Focus your efforts. Make a plan, set goals and action plans to get there. Stop looking for other ways to make money. You have a way right in front of you.

Footnote...I would like to thank my loving wife who showed me this. I was all over the place some time back and she got me focused. Now she is able to stay home and raise our daughter.

This thread was supposed to be called Focus on what you are selling, but I forgot to change the name before I hit post...oops.

Damn you add...I like cotton candy.

Yes...just imagine how wildly successful the owner of my local Italian restaurant would be if he also decided to become a part-time real estate agent, mortgage broker and put Chinese food on the menu.

Man - he'd be rich!!!

That's just it. After reading about arthritis kits and how we should offer them because we are helping seniors...blah blah blah...why not send them to an arthritis foundation?

Do a follow up call with the number for them. What a great follow up call. Mr Smith, you mentioned that you were looking for help with your arthritis, here is the number to the Arthritis Foundation...800-283-7800.

Took me about 1 minute to look up. You just did something no other agent probably has ever done for them. That is helping people.

Lord I talk to one of these guys every day

They are indeed mortgage brokers - also real estate agents and not planning on quitting. They want to add insurance so they can cross-sell to their clients.

They're also looking at getting into the vending machine business - there's this new machine that will make pizzas - they'll be rich.

Actually, they're already on their way to becoming zillionaires and can't be more indignant on the phone:

"hmmm.....so I get 20%? Well I'll have to go through my contacts. I know people really high up - pretty sure I can get 35% to start - what else do you have?"

They personify the word "douche bag."

All of them, of course, have a dusty copy of Carlton Sheets real estate course - and of course they're also starting a home flipping and tax lien business.

Lord I talk to one of these guys every day

They are indeed mortgage brokers - also real estate agents and not planning on quitting. They want to add insurance so they can cross-sell to their clients.

They're also looking at getting into the vending machine business - there's this new machine that will make pizzas - they'll be rich.

Actually, they're already on their way to becoming zillionaires and can't be more indignant on the phone:

"hmmm.....so I get 20%? Well I'll have to go through my contacts. I know people really high up - pretty sure I can get 35% to start - what else do you have?"

They personify the word "douche bag."

All of them, of course, have a dusty copy of Carlton Sheets real estate course - and of course they're also starting a home flipping and tax lien business.

I love that the "let me see what I can get if make some calls" attitude, like they have clout, I worked with an *** like that and he called me back into his office, tail between his legs because I could get 5 points more for him than he could!!

The concise version:

They didn't hold up to their end of the agreement, I resigned in January 2006, they went under, by April 2006.

Gotta love those guys!

Footnote...I would like to thank my loving wife who showed me this. I was all over the place some time back and she got me focused. Now she is able to stay home and raise our daughter.

Exactly the way it should be. Even when I was broke - my wives always stayed home to raise the kids. It makes a difference!

Tom

Back