Senate Report: Illegal Immigrants Benefited from Up to $750M in ObamaCare Subsidies

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
Illegal immigrants wrongly benefited from up to $750 million in ObamaCare subsidies and the government is struggling to recoup the money, according to a new Senate report obtained by Fox News.

The review found the credits went to more than 500,000 people – who are either illegal immigrants or whose legal status was unclear.

Full Story

Illegal immigrants wrongly benefited from up to $750 million in ObamaCare subsidies and the government is struggling to recoup the money, according to a new Senate report obtained by Fox News.

The review found the credits went to more than 500,000 people – who are either illegal immigrants or whose legal status was unclear.

Full Story

Isn't that ridiculous!:mad:

Hell, I'll bet it was more than that in California alone.

Full Story

you gotta love the hoochie mamma market........

you gotta love the hoochie mamma market........

Yes, but the numbers aren't jiving. That breaks out to $ 1,500 per person for the entire year.

Please tell me what health plan costs $ 125 / month on average based on an age range of 18 to 64. Seems that there is allot more lost then what we are being told.

You are probably right, but they were quicker to turn off the subsidy for those who didn't provide proof of legal status than for other reasons. I doubt that anyone made it all year getting the subsidy if they didn't provide the documentation. Possibly in 2014, not in 2015.

I have a high immigrant market in my area. I had a person call last week wanting to cancel their policy because they were not going to renew their expired work permit. They wanted to know if they would need to pay back their subsidy and pay for the services they used during the time they were covered.

The Marketplace told them once the insurance company checked their documents they could be libel for paying back the company. I told them that the Marketplace is the only ones that look at documents. The companies do not verify anything.

All they need to do is have a social security number. I'm not even sure if it needs to be valid because the system will just say the SSN# you provided could not be verified do you want to reenter it or continue. If you do not add immigration documents and keep hitting continue the application will let you proceed. It will give you a 90 day pass letting you get temporary insurance for that time period with full subsidy and all. That's plenty of time to have major surgery, follow visits and recover for most ailments.

I had two with expired documents one presented them and is fine this one did not and asked the suspicious questions. There is a lot of potential for abuse but of course the government thinks people are not smart enough to game the system. The companies are naive to think SEP business is the problem they can be fleeced on both ends during OEP and SEP.

Solution give them 90 days to present their documents barring them from full enrollment. If the documents are not presented in that time frame sorry no insurance. Come back next year.

Last edited:
You are probably right, but they were quicker to turn off the subsidy for those who didn't provide proof of legal status than for other reasons. I doubt that anyone made it all year getting the subsidy if they didn't provide the documentation. Possibly in 2014, not in 2015.

The 15 fake people created by the Government Accounting Office (GAO) and enrolled in ObamaScrew for 2015, kept receiving their subsidies all year, and were even auto-renewed for 2016.
:twitchy:

LOL. That's rich.

Of course, I have to imagine that they were actually turning in fraudulent docs that someone at the marketplace viewed and okayed.

I have heard of one person (who thought they were NOT covered by VA health benefits) apply, send in "proof" he didn't get VA benefits. (which apparently was just a letter stating that he didn't get MONETARY benefits when in fact he was covered by health benefits--he uploaded himself), get the "proof" okayed, then sometime in October or November have the subsidy turned off because he was, in fact, covered by VA benefits. So someone accepted his proof at the marketplace but then a data dump or something later made it obvious that he was covered under VA benefits and they overruled the acceptance that was made by someone.

I could see that going on in perpetuity for the fake people. They send fake docs, they get accepted, Ta da.

Back