Senior Center Newsletters

Maybe I misunderstood. You noted that you had a business card years ago at a community center. I interpreted that as you had a ad. This is a bit different.

That was maybe 5 years ago. They put my card in print in their monthly newsletter. It’s a 55+ community but I had no idea the number they printed out. And that was during AEP.
If I had it all year I could of seen 1-3 calls maybe.

I called a couple of the places. A real estate agent and an auto insurer. Auto insurer had no clue, because the woman said they don’t track their referral calls.. which is weird or insane to me.

Realtor said she did 6m no calls, but to be fair.. Seniors relocate in the winter here and what senior wants to sell their home when there’s 4 ft of snow on the ground?

I’m not trying to justify anything. I think I’d give it a year on 1 county, because it’s super cheap and worth a try and I am supporting the senior center somewhat.

Either print ads don't work or they just don't work for me.

I have bought ads on pharmacy Rx bags, "senior" newsletter, set out business cards and printed flyers.

Still waiting on the call to come in.

If you want to advertise in print, ask for at least 6 months of back issues. If you see the same ads appearing month after month they are probably working.

The senior newsletter has folks that repair (handyman stuff), sell hearing aids and DME. Also ads for home health, retirement and assisted living.

Don't think I have seen insurance ads in there for more than a few months.

I have bought ads on pharmacy Rx bags, "senior" newsletter, set out business cards and printed flyers.

Still waiting on the call to come in.

If you want to advertise in print, ask for at least 6 months of back issues. If you see the same ads appearing month after month they are probably working.

The senior newsletter has folks that repair (handyman stuff), sell hearing aids and DME. Also ads for home health, retirement and assisted living.

Honestly, I get these kinds of little mags with coupons and advertisements and such all the time, I might glance fro restaurant coupons but generally not one I am interested in

However for anything else when I need something I look it up online I can't see too many people looking at these for too many services and at the time they need it

I had thought maybe might be a good idea but your post made me think how do I view these things when I get them

Interestingly enough.. The rate quoted is for the entire year. Which is $375. I can see more than 6 months back on the county website. It's essentially the same people. Auto, Realtor, Elder Law x2, Wealth Management x2, funeral homes x2, assisted living workers x2.

Like I said above, I did call a couple of people at random.. One was really in the wrong season, realtors... One either didn't want to tell me or didn't take take the time to count ROI, auto insurance. However, the Insurance Agent was there for more than 2 years... *shrugs*

I'm not making an argument one way or another, just stating the facts I found with digging a little deeper.

For $375 just try it out. That’s what I did.
I’ve paid for Medicaresupp.org which for a few here did not work out. I paid less than $300 for 3 years and sold a few policies with a year left. Not a huge return but a small investment.
Just try it out and let us know

For $375 just try it out. That’s what I did.
I’ve paid for Medicaresupp.org which for a few here did not work out. I paid less than $300 for 3 years and sold a few policies with a year left. Not a huge return but a small investment.
Just try it out and let us know

Interesting story, I was just looking at Medicaresupp.org

Interesting story, I was just looking at Medicaresupp.org

I also pay for freemedicarereport and got 2 sales in a year. Cost $149 or so I think but it’s more than paid for itself. Not a big money maker but I’ll take a sale here and there as long as I profit.

auto insurance. However, the Insurance Agent was there for more than 2 years... *shrugs*

Auto insurance I can see as working out. Every month SOMEONE is getting a rate increase. Unless they are SR22 or worse, you can quote and MAYBE save $$$.

You will be competing with AARP if advertising to a senior population.

Car insurance is a transactional sale. Either you can beat their rate or you can't. Customers are not looking to get married. Only find a good rate for 6 months or maybe longer.

The way SOME agents sell Medicare it can be transactional. But I don't think that kind of relationship has sticking power.

Some will probably disagree.

I would be surprised if Medicare agents are posting ads every month.

Latest posts

Back