Senior Citizen Discounts

holtivan

Is there any Insurance company that gives good senior citizen discounts? Oh my wife and I are in our late 50ies and looking for both home and car insurance.

PA requires insurance companies to give a discount to drivers that take the AARP Drivers course. But the driver must submit a copy of the certificate of completion for the discount to take effect. Maybe other states do, too. Check with your state Department of Insurance.

Ive been writing alot of business with Auto Owners Insurance for "mature drivers". I think the discount is around 7%. If you have good credit you may want to check Metlife. They don't have as large of a discount for the senior citizen but their pricing is pretty good to begin with. At least for now. I am in Utah.

Last edited:
I don't belong to AARP, Paul, but I did take their driver safety course for the auto insurance discount. One does not have to be a member of AARP to take the course----they just charge a little extra to non-members. PA requires a 5% discount.

I belong to Hampton, Nebraska. Sorry I forgot to mention that earlier. Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into Metlife and AARP.

The Hartford (through AARP) is good. I carry their home and car insurance. I shop for rates every year and haven’t found anybody yet to beat their multi policy rates!

Last edited:
Back