Senior Expo-how Do I Get the Appoitnments to Get the Sales N'at?

traceyemoon

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
In our little local mall, our state rep hosts a senior expo. Free to attend (for both vendors and seniors). I have an 8' table and last year did very general Medicare info & handouts on one side (all from Medicare.gov) but had Life Insurance as my main focus. Freebies are tablets from the Life company and I always buy the little packages of glass cleaner/wipes for glasses too. Last year I ended up with people calling all year for random ACA, Medicare and Life appointments. I sold 16 ACA, 20 Medicare and 2 Life from a 9-12 gig. That does not count the number of referrals that I ended up with (mostly Medicare and double that number).

I need more in the Life category...most people get an odd look about Life insurance and I think that is mostly because they don't know how it works, how much it costs, and how to ask.

Anyone have some user-friendly-don't scare-the-natives kind of suggestions?

**ACK!!! Totally misread the original. See that's what happens when you do drugs!!! Don't do drugs kids!**

I'm looking into that myself. Basically it's just a matter of contacting the expo and renting a table from them.

The two local expo's here are about $500 a piece for floor space. Plus what ever you spend on banners, promo items and such. However you can generate several qualified leads to make it worth your time.

Last edited:
I suggest instead of "life insurance" you promote SPLI as a way to increase the amount left to heirs, much better growth potential (index), and access to funds. I'm moving into this and can help with contracts for a couple of simplified issue products.

Let me know if you want more information.

Rick

TampaHound-Nice thing about this expo? Tables are free. 400+ seniors on a shark-week worthy freebie frenzy.

GreenSky-Willing to show my ignorance...what is SPLI?:err:

TampaHound-Nice thing about this expo? Tables are free. 400+ seniors on a shark-week worthy freebie frenzy.

GreenSky-Willing to show my ignorance...what is SPLI?:err:

Single Premium Life Insurance. It's rarely sold and there should be a large market for this type of coverage.

Send me your phone number and I'll call you.

Rick

Single Premium Life Insurance. It's rarely sold and there should be a large market for this type of coverage.

Medicare insurance products seem to require a lot of "after sale" sales organizational support.

How much of a support structure does a sales person have to create for customer support after the sale of an SPLI product?

Medicare insurance products seem to require a lot of "after sale" sales organizational support.

How much of a support structure does a sales person have to create for customer support after the sale of an SPLI product?

If you were an agent and that question mattered I'd answer it.

Rick

Back