Senior Insurance Leads Company

We'll show them how. They evidently deserve it. In addition - throughout their tenure - they created income - so it was a win - win . . .

Tom

For new agents looking for training this has the potential to be the ultimate way for them to learn the business.

When I was hiring and training agents I had a lot of trouble finding motivated people. Maybe things have changed and there are more of them out there now.

I think most senior agents on this board would agree the opposite is true: kick out production and depend on yourself rather then hire and have your pay depend on others.

I just had a good buddy of mine - partner of one of the larger GA outfits that's doing $300,000+ per week in business quit last year after 5 years.

Reason? After all the dust settled and taking the headaches into consideration he was better off writing personal deals.

While there are exceptions, here's the rules:

1) Great salesmen aren't looking for work
2) Established closers won't be under anyone
3) The agents who call the most write the least
4) The agents who write the most and call the least blow out

You end up running a nursery school with 50 agents who can't put 2 deals in a row to save their lives and get "nothing's working for me" all day.

That all being said...of course you'll find your stars and of course you can run a large successful agency......after years and years of building and thousands of dollars.

Reason? After all the dust settled and taking the headaches into consideration he was better off writing personal deals.

That is exactly why I got rid of the agents I had hired and trained. I made more money with less stress writing personal business than I did babysitting a bunch of agents, most of whom needed to be motivated daily.

Frank said - " For new agents looking for training this has the potential to be the ultimate way for them to learn the business. "

Exactly. We are targeting fresh blood. Couples, Partners, Stay At Home Moms / Dads, College Students - really anyone that wants to redirect their lives and pick up some cash or start a new career. MA's - We'll send them out on 3 appointments a day - 3 days a week - close 3 - and earn $600+

OR

Use a dialer, stay at home - work the phones / web hard for 4 hours a day and do the same with MajMed, Supps, Life, etc . . . Health will be our lead product (thanks Scott) - then once the client is part of the family - we'll be able to offer them additional choices and options - that's the plan anyway.

Everyone will have an upline agent by their side. We'll provide lots of TLC - because in the beginning - the upline earns a major over-ride until the agent is ready to move on up. Then - the agent can get higher %'s and as a group - we'll still over-ride a bit - but not have to micro manage.

" When I was hiring and training agents I had a lot of trouble finding motivated people. Maybe things have changed and there are more of them out there now. "

Recruiting happens to be my niche.

A person will be able to start off with a normal license, temporary license or a sub agent license while undergoing training.

John said - " You end up running a nursery school with 50 agents who can't put 2 deals in a row to save their lives and get "nothing's working for me" all day. "

Possibly. Qualified and trained uplines are the key. As in anything - the cream will rise to the top. We'll compensate the "cream" to handle the babysitting and micro-managing. Just as in insurance - we will rely on the " Law of large numbers " to produce the end results while weeding out those that just can't cut it.

Believe me - this will be a for profit operation. There will be a monthly fee paid by the agent, thinking of $49 - to fund trainings, tools, etc. Weekend Seminars will also be held, where an open morning session is held for everyone and then a more intensive training / rally is held for those with "the fever" as I say.

We really want to keep it simple:

Top 3 MA deals . . .

Top 3 Supplement deals . . .

Top 3 Individual Health deals . . .

Top 3 Life deals . . .

Group and PEO services will be handled by an experienced agent leading the way, and the "referral" agent generating the lead and assisting along the way. I'd like to see P&C products being offerred - but it seems that field is ultra competitive and cut throat - but, having one or two agents set up with their P&C wouldn't be a bad idea. If just inhouse . . .

Right now I'm learning as much as I can and developing relationships with certain FMO's and putting together deals direct with the certain companies.

We won't have everything for everyone - but, we'll be able to put the business somewhere.

There are millions of people unemployed and hungry - an extra $500 a month or a week would do wonders . . .

Don't get me wrong - this won't be for everyone.

Tom

Please keep us informed. I'm sure there are many of us who would like to know how this is working for you.

Did you say agents are going to pay you $49.00 per month? For how long? Will you have a program set up so the agent can borrow that from you until they start producing?

Again - the rule, not the exception. We can go on for 25 pages about exceptions:

Rule:

Agents who decide to only recruit and stop writing business are failed pr
barely successful" agents. They do "ok" in this biz but never really made any serious money. They really don't enjoy the entire sales process and come to think "hmmm, if I can get others to do this then I don't have to work anymore."

So it's agents who never really became successful training others. When I get recruited - which is very often - I want proof of their production.

Why? Is that rude? No. If someone's telling me I can make "six figures," the person telling me better have made it themselves - or they have zero credibility.

So I get pitched often....take a guess at how many of these recruiters can back up their claims with person production?

So I get pitched often....take a guess at how many of these recruiters can back up their claims with person production?

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach/recruit.

That isn't always the case but like John, I have never had anyone prove to me that their system was only developed after they had achieved the same degree of success they claim I will have.

However, as long as agents continue to look for and pay through the butt for "hot" leads and an easy way to sell insurance these people will continue to make a lot of money.

" Please keep us informed. I'm sure there are many of us who would like to know how this is working for you. "

Will do. It will be a slow process - hopefully by Summer we'll have a solid, expandable plan in place. We will start off small, work out the bugs and then mass market it.

" Did you say agents are going to pay you $49.00 per month? For how long? Will you have a program set up so the agent can borrow that from you until they start producing? "

Yes. With most MLM type programs there is a monthly fee to participate - for training, support, websites, etc. Keep in mind this isn't going to be a "traditional" agency. It will be structured for the "part-timer" and provide the "go-getter" an opportunity to grow quickly. Anyone wishing to go on their own, will be shown the way. There will also be an initial enrollment fee in addition to licensing expenses.

" If someone's telling me I can make "six figures," the person telling me better have made it themselves - or they have zero credibility. "

This won't be our market. We'll have a plan in place for the "hot dog" agent - but, our focus will be on the person wanting to make a grand of so each month or week. We'll employ "feet in da street" marketing to generate the MA leads and will utilize proven online / telemarketing methods for Health and Life. After talking to various agents yesterday - it was clear that the successful ones worked half days and placed business without leaving the office / home. This should be easy to duplicate.

We'll see . . .

Thanks to John, Bob, Scott and Rick for taking time to share their experiences.

Tom

The initial fee is to offset corporate expenses.

I'm certainly not going to lose money to assist others into starting their own business or creating an additional stream of income.

We are leaning towards $99 or $199. With licensing expenses - the initial outlay will be under $500 - which is a standard amount paid to join a MLM.

For someone to be able to jump start a business for less than $500 upfront and less than $99 a month (includes E&O) is within my mind a good deal.

Now - an experienced agent doesn't need our program. hopefully - we will be able to put together a program where we'd basically be a stepping stone for a "go-getter" and a home for those looking to utilize "leverage" in creating a solid monthly residual income.

In addition - our agents would have access to certain tax deductions as a home based or small business owner - not that others can't - just that most coming aboard more than likely couldn't take advantage of the tax breaks prior to joining . . .

We'll see I guess. We have a lot of work to do . . .

Tom

Back